“Nice Place but call for directions.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Place but call for directions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Google maps is wrong. Call them first. Beautiful restaurant and great view. Cocktails are great. Foor was good but a bit overpriced. Can easlily spend $200 on 2 people and my wife only had noodles for dinner.

Visited November 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
“by far our FAVORITE evening of the entire trip- don't miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

this was by FAR the best dining experience of our 10 year anniversary trip! we ate at a handful of highly ranked restaurants, but the memories from Asolare will never leave us!
we went mid to late october, and they had the fixed price menu. (they started the alacarte back on October 24th).. we LOVED it! it had me trying foods i would not typically order, but it was all good! i'm a pescatarian (no meat- just fish) and they adjusted any course for me that wasn't suitable. in fact, when we made reservations they asked about special diet needs. they went above and beyond to work with my preferences and diet! fixed price was $55 for 5 courses (not bad for the amount of food), and 6 wine pairings added $27. it ended up being $200 on the dot with tip, plus $30 for a drink each at the bar while we waited.
expensive, but by far the best "experience".. slow, relaxed evening with personal attention. we felt like royalty!
the view it OUTSTANDING-- like others have said, ask for seating on the railing of the balcony. perfect for watching the sunset! we were ushered into the bar area while we waited for our table, and it was LOVELY.. all stone- absolutely gorgeous- and the bartender was easy going and friendly.
all around a not-to-be-missed restaurant! closed on sundays through november

• Visited October 2011
New York
“wait for the full menu to come back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I first went to Asolare in 1990 and then have been back on each of our 6 trips to St John. Always our favorite meal on the island. Unfortunately this time they had a very limited tasting menu for the "slow season". That ment 5 courses with zero choice. Our menu had a chicken spring roll (very good), a salad course (pretty pedestrian), a bufflo salmon plate (good but a weird combonation), beef flank steak and dessert. And at the bottom of the menu in large letter - no substitutions.

So my wife does not eat poultry or meat and I do not like fish. That ment she could only have two courses and I would only eat four. As I said to a manager that night you need a meat and fish option for all courses at a minimum. 8 courses should not be a problem for a restaurant of this quality. I'm not sure what they were thinking besides trying to save money during a slower time. Not really fair to those of use who were there to eat. If you going to stay open then have a basic menu that has choices not just a "here is what you can have" and that is it effort.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Best Meal and Great Views and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We had dinner on Sept 13th, we had the price fixe menu with the wine pairings. it was just unbelievable. the food was excellent, the wine was perfect. we were there in the off season, there was our group and maybe 2 other tables, we were not rushed, we sat by the railing and have a great view of Cruz Bay. i would defintely make reservations to go again on my next trip to St John.

• Visited September 2011
“Mmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

If we could do it over we would make an earlier reservation to see sunset views and have spot on rail. Stuck in restaurant for first half but then moved to nice raiLing spot.had prix fixe dinner with wine pairing. Ay first I was annoyed about prix fixe but it ended up being delicious and great to try creative food and wine pairings.bartender wasn't very nice to the waitresses.food was very, very good!nice to try things I normally wouldn't order and was very happy with each dish. Servers and hostess were very nice and team players. Beautiful atmosphere and music. Loved it!