“Amazing trip and adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$89*
and up
“Amazing trip and adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family and I had the pleasure of having Patrick as our guide on the Ecotour today. We had some experienced swimmers and snorkelers as well as a few new ones. He was patient and helpful with everyone. The hike was relatively light and the views were amazing. Once we got to snorkel we found sea turtles only inches from us as well as kuttlefish sting rays and other reef fish. I highly recommend this tour whether you're a St. John veteran or it's your first time here.

Nashville, Tennessee
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wanted more...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family and I participated in a short hike with Johnson scheduled through the Disney Cruise Line excursion folks. Didn't really know what to expect but Johnson really knew how to work with a group of 29. The fitness level varied greatly and he took great strides to be inclusive. The pace was a bit slow for me and I would have preferred some longer trails but now know what to do next time. He picked us up at the dock and the VI National Park is right there. He stopped along the trail to explain much of the eco system of the island plus give some of novice hikers a break. Only down side was time for lunch was not really allocated. Our hike started around 1030 and didn't finish until 3pm. If that applies to you--take some food with you. Further, it was actually pretty hot and dry so take plenty of water. Lastly, be prepared to hike which includes understanding what hiking is. Some of the trail was not easy for a few in the group. We stopped at their shack near Honeymoon beach which is an awesome location. Had bathrooms and showers plus easy access to an amazing beach. Johnson knows his stuff and I would be glad to take a tour with him again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Had A Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We did the 5 hour tour and Nathan was our guide. First we kayaked out to Henley Cay and snorkeled around there. We saw beautiful fish and coral. Then we kayaked over to Scott Beach. We walked along a trail and stopped at breathtaking scenic overlooks. Nathan also pointed out the different kids of plants along the trail. Afterward we snorkeled on Scott Beach and saw 2 green turtles and a ray. When we were done, we went back and had a delicious lunch. I would highly recommend the tour and Nathan.

Visited July 2014
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at St John Eco Hike & Snorkel Adventure, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Great Photos! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed the tour with Nathan in beautiful Caneel Bay! SO glad you enjoyed the amazing waters filled with Rays and Sea turtles! We hope you return on your next visit.
Temecula, California
“St John Eco hike, kayak and snorkel adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our first time in St. John and my husband and I are so happy with our choices of activities! This Eco tour was fantastic! And one to definitely suggest as a must do. Our tour was a five hour tour on the morning of Friday July 11, 2014 with Patrick. Patrick is a great guide! He is very knowledgable about St. John's history, plants and animals. Patrick has tremendous knowledge of the reefs and took us to all the best areas to snorkel in Caneel Bay and Henry Cay. Unless you are staying at Caneel Bay Resort this tour is the only way to see Caneel Bay and Scott Bay. Highlights were turtles, echo rays, large parrot fish and beautiful coral reefs. If you enjoy uncrowded reefs, hiking, and kayaking this is the tour for you! Also Patrick took some great pictures for us! We have pictures of us swimming with the turtles and of the entire tour......nice to have a photographer along with us! Thanks Patrick for a great day!! Oh! And I can't forget to mention........He provided a delicious lunch for us after the tour!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed tour with Patrick in beautiful Caneel Bay! SO glad you enjoyed the amazing waters filled with fish and Sea turtles! We hope you return on your next visit.
Jeffersonville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Patrick made our trip! What a great day!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you get a chance to visit this paradise, you MUST go on one of these tours! You start out on honeymoon beach, which I can say with no hesitation, is the clearest water, and most unreal, beauty of a beach I have ever seen. Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and nice! You can tell that they enjoy the surroundings as much as the tourists, and that made it even more enjoyable! Patrick was our guide, and let me tell you, he is not hard on the eyes ladies! Smart and patient to boot. You could just hear his excitement when he came across a plant he could show us, a bug he could pass around, or a sea turtle he could point out. He knows his stuff, and it showed. Although the tour was 5 hours, it was entertaining and beautiful the entire time, no boring lulls. I was also a little worried about the heat for that amount of time (I burn in the winter I am so pale! Lol!) but I was never uncomfortable due to the amount of shade on the hike, the cool water, the repeated reminders to drink water and re-apply sunscreen, etc. It is wonderful to find a tour like this, where people love their job so much it makes you feel like you are discovering the island for the first time as a group of adventurers instead of a flock of sheep being herded around. I honestly don't know what our trip would have been like without it. Allie, John, Patrick, and the new girl (sorry! I did not catch your name!) gave an experience I will never forget! Don't miss out! Do this tour!

Visited June 2014
VirginIslandsEcotour, Manager at St John Eco Hike & Snorkel Adventure, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for VIECOTOURS. We appreciate feedback of any kind and strive to deliver a fun, adventurous & memorable time in the Virgin Islands. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the 5 hour tour with Patrick in beautiful Caneel Bay! It's nice to hear you didn't feel herded like sheep. That is our goal! We hope you return on your next visit.