We stayed here for a few nights but the hotel is very different from the one on the website.
The hotel felt old and dirty (but it was clean)
Our room had a view of a busy road in the town centre.
The food in the restaurant was bad. We had to eat elsewhere as we could not face eating there again. The fish we ordered smelt and tasted past its use by date.
The car parking arrangements are not good, you can either " risk it in the main car park" or park in their small lockup area but then you can't move your car between 10pm and 7am
Don't go for the internet either. A day's internet bought at 8pm only lasts until midnight.. then you need to buy another day...
Overall we were very disappointed with our stay there and we will not return.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hotel Merthyr Tydfil
- Castle Hotel Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superb privately owned hotel situated in the town centre with 45 En Suite rooms fully modernised and tastefully decorated, with telephone, tea/coffee making facilities, T.V, Hairdryer, trouser press. etc., Excellent menu's available including a la carte evening menu, off road secure parking. Convenient for all local routes and town facilities such as law courts, civic centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.