“Bolongo Bay Beach Resort All-Inclusive package” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off Room Rates
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Coast
Buffalo, New York
“Bolongo Bay Beach Resort All-Inclusive package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband, Jim and I, went to St. Thomas to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Bolongo Bay was definitely the perfect place for us. It did not have the commercial hotel-feel (which was great, but it had the quality service). All of the staff made sure we felt special the whole time we were there. The rooms were clean. The FOOD WAS AWESOME! The additional things included with our package made this vacation the best we have ever taken. I used the paddle board everyday. They also had a variety of beach fun-toys that kept us busy when we had "down-time". One of the beach helpers took my husband and I on a "Hobe-Cat". This is a personalized sail vessel that was so much fun. He took us way out into the ocean and the waves were quite high. It made for such a fun and thrilling ride. They had so many other things to do as well. We snorkeled all over the Island, but several times we snorkeled right in front of Bolongo Bay and we saw two huge sea turtle, a spotted black eagle ray and other smaller sting rays. They had a "booze-snorkel" for all of the guests that was fun to do. My husband was the second one to find a bottle of rum in the ocean! We left it for the woman who cleaned our room. Our trip was made easy and fun with the all-inclusive package. As I mentioned, the two places to choose from to eat were amazing. Iggies was more of a beach hang out but quality food. We ordered what we wanted from the menu and it was all amazing. The drinks, atmosphere and service was great too. Our only small issue from this experience was that several weddings took place over the weekend. One of the weddings had their own music off to the side which cancelled the live band that was scheduled at Iggies. We were disappointed because we didn't have live entertainment that we were looking forward to, however, the atmosphere and food was awesome. The fine dining experience at the Lobster Grill was great for dinner and for breakfast. We sat in the open air seating every morning and it was such a relaxing way to start each day.

The highlight of this entire trip was being able to experience the Heavenly Days Sail Vessel. We went out on it three times. Two were included with our package. A sun-set cruise, a snorkel trip with turtles and then we paid to be with them for a full day sail to St. John.

We also decided to take a taxi from Bolongo to RedHook and then a ferry ride to St. John to experience snorkeling at Trunk Bay. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to.

My husband and I fell in love all over again and we felt so blessed to be in such a beautiful place for our anniversary. Even though we went as a couple, we kept thinking of all the things our kids would be doing if they were with us. As active teens, they would have loved all the beach activities, pool, and excursions around the Island. There were many kids there with their family but at no point was it overwhelming. This place is definitely for all ages.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the pool area and the Lobster Grill. It was the main area of the complex. It...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

815 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here last year; had the time of my life. Decided to bring the new wife out to experience a chance at lighting striking twice for our honeymoon. I was right. I'm not sure why this place seems to have the happiest and most easy going staff on St. Thomas, but they do. They even respond to complaints with the humility of Shao-Lin Bhuddist monks. Stunning property, hasn't changed a bit. Lots of fun and lots of class for an older resort. My experience with the Virgin Islands has been that it's far better for your vacation here if you invest in a hotel/resort that has friendly and respectful staff over one that has more size, contemporary design, and/or available amenities.

Room Tip: For a cheap room, ask for the economy. For a view simply ask.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you want a great place to stay this is it. The ocean view rooms are beautiful. Ours was in the middle with a beautiful bright orange blossom mimosa tree off the balcony. The view of the bay with the other islands is spectacular. The staff was very friendly and willing to do all for you. The food is great at both the Lobster Grille and Iggy's. Very much recommend the Heavenly Days sunset cruise. Captain Larry and Shelly and crew were amazing. Make sure you stay at least a week as there is so much to do. And do opt for the all-inclusive. Will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Want ocean view room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My first love will always be the island of St.Thomas. It was here at Bolongo Bay that I spent a month on my Honeymoon back in 1980. I return to St.Thomas every year when I can and frequent some of my favorite places. Bolongo Bay is a great place for just about everything, especially with kids! That being said, you never have to leave the resort!!!. If you are like me and like to explore, I would rent a car. Order it a month before you travel! Stay on the left and please be aware of your surroundings at night. You must go to St.John's, Virgin Gorda, Tortola & Jost Van Dyke and see Foxy! Think you can't do all this. You can if you plan ahead. Day 1. Check ferry schedule. when cruise ships are not arriving, go shopping! Head over to Sapphire Beach for a day of swimming or check out Magen's Bay. Have a bite to eat at Iggy's and jump on Heavenly Days for that beautiful sail and zzz. Day 2. Hop on ferry (Red Hook) and go over to St.John's. If you want to be a tourist go to Trunk Bay. If you want to be an explorer go to Salt Pond. Just drive around and take it all in. I have found more places just driving around the island. Colombo's (middle of the jungle) Skinny Legs (great little place to eat)! Shopping I treat myself at INTO THE BLUE. Amazing jewelry. Head back and zzzz. Day 3 & 4. I like to hop back on ferry at RED HOOK and go over to Tortola for the day. I hop in a cab and go over to Cane Garden Bay and stay overnight zzzz. You can easily do this for Virgin Gorda (The Baths!!!) as well. Day 5. Try and get over to the Ritz Carlton if for nothing else, to just see it. Check out Frenchman's Reef and go over to the Aquarium. If you never made it to Magen's Bay, today might be the day. Tonight have dinner in Frenchtown. Craig & Sally's. zzz. Tired yet? LOL. Day 6. Try and get on a boat today (Sapphire Beach) and go snorkeling. I like to get over to Willy Tee's for lunch and just spend the day in the water. Tonight for some fun I would go to Duffy's Love Shack for a little dancing. Keep in mind this is a local spot and not for everyone (Adult oriented) or Latitude 18 (off the beaten path literally). Day 7. You may be heading back today so have a safe flight. I know you will come back again, as I always do. List of places to eat. Cuzzins, Mim's Seaside, Off The Hook, Bella Blu, Oceana, Greenhouse. If you can't stay at Bolongo, consider VRBO.com and looking for condo rentals next door as you can walk right to Bolongo. Good Luck !

Room Tip: Ocean View is always a good choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our Son and his beautiful new wife were married in June 2014 here. It was amazing. The Rooms overlooking the bay and the view...staff very friendly the two restaurants, beach fun, pool..will go back if we can for sure....our housekeeping was great..Be sure to go on Heavenly Days ..The wedding sunset cruise was on it..wonderful crew..all you can ask for..beauty,food, drinks and we all felt Very Welcome. Ike and Kay Linquist . Rockford, Ilinois

Room Tip: We never heard about a bad room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The bolongo was nothing short of amazing once again! This is our second time staying here and we love it. The rooms overlooking the beach are amazing and we love being able to walk to Iggys! When we arrived Kyle was our greeter and he was wonderful. Very polite the entire visit. There was a guy checking us into the front desk that was great as well! We could not have been happier. Only suggestion would be to talk to housekeeping, ours was not very nice and we opted out of service so that we didn't inconvenience her. But it was perfect beyond that!

Stayed July 2014
West Hempstead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just returned from a week at Bolongo Bay and are already planning a return visit. The resort is just perfect and I would recommend getting a room with an ocean view balcony. Listening to the waves lap the shore at night was so relaxing. The staff were all very friendly and quite accommodating. The two restaurants on location, The Lobster Grille and Iggies were both wonderful, with excellent food and service. The beach was beautiful, with plenty of lounge chairs and within easy walking distance from the rooms and the restaurants. We enjoyed all of the water activities too, like the snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boats and rafts that are free for hotel guests. In addition to the abundant rum punches and cocktails, there were coolers of fresh ice water at no charge. We highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with an ocean view balcony. There is complete privacy on the second and third flo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bolongo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!