“Very Nice All Inclusive Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off Room Rates
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Coast
Rochester, New York
“Very Nice All Inclusive Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Bolongo Bay is my kind of "all inclusive" vacation destination. For starters, it's small as these kind of resorts go which makes it more friendly and intimate - you really get to know the staff and fellow vacationers if you want to. The food is exceptional - no lousy buffets here, off the menu, high quality, fresh food. We tried many things at the Lobster Grille and were NEVER disappointed. I wish I could get such fresh fish here in upstate ny.
Yes, as others have stated, the rooms are a bit dated and show a bit of wear w/ small bathrooms. But the house keeping staff keep everything very clean, the beds are comfortable, and how much time do you plan to spend in your room when you are in St. Thomas ? ? ?

Iggy's Beach Bar had decent food (more of a bar food menu), but the free entertainment while sitting outside on a warm night enjoying your cocktail is priceless! And, it is nice to have an alternative choice for those who don't want to eat every meal @ the Lobster Grille (although why anyone would pass up any dinner at this incredible restaurant is beyond me!)

The number of return guests at Bolongo Bay is a testament to this fine resort. My wife and I will join this fraternity of "returning guests" - it's that good!

Room Tip: Dinner @ the Lobster Grille is not to be missed !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

815 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent exactly one day at the Bolongo Bay Hotel- It was great- very comfortable- great beach-great staff and all around positive experience. Although the rooms are small and in need of some updating they were clean and freshly painted. It really is a perfect place to hang out- the beach is easily accessible- the Lobster Grille was good and we were able to relax.

Room Tip: All rooms have oceanviews but the first floor rooms have beach access
Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and spent a week at Bolongo Bay and did seven dives with the St. Thomas Diving Club to include our open water certifications. I cannot say enough of the proffesionalism of the staff. On top of the top notch service the entire crew was a blast to dive with, fun, relaxed, great people. We will return to dive with them in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was the reviews by other travelers of the Bolongo Bay Resort that helped make up my mind to spend a week at the resport earlier this month when I returned to St. Thomas. I can't get over how run down, small and dingy the rooms were. This place is in dire need of a remodel. Not worth the money for a beach front room, which had a lot of bugs. The floors were so dirty when we arrived our first outing was to K-Mart to buy some rugs to cover the floors. I can honestly say I've never seen a shower as small as the one at the Bolongo. Looking back our first outing should have been to head back to the front desk and check out of this "run down motel."
With that said, the beach was nice and the food and drinks were really good. I can see why people from other hotels would go to Iggys or to the Lobster Grille for dinner. Rachel at Iggys was a great waitress.

Room Tip: The cheaper third floor rooms were nicer, cleaner, less bugs and had a few updates compared to the b...
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I go to St Thomas annually on business and have only 1 day to relax. I am totally sold on Bolongo Bay to restore me in a few short hours. Instead of waiting for taxis, or waiting at restaurants, or waiting for a ferry, I use the little time I have to simply walk out the door, select the perfect lounger in the sun or under a palm tree, pull a beer out of my beach bag, gaze at a turquoise ocean and say "ahhh..." There are two restaurants on site, both with wonderful views. For those who actually want to DO something, Bolongo can accommodate with watercraft, snorkeling, SCUBA trips, catamaran sails, etc. I've read the reviews about the "tired" rooms and the less than 5 star accommodations. Normally, I love 5-star like everyone else, but these rooms cost 25% of the Ritz property and the beach and staff are better. I've been to other properties on St Thomas over the years and this one is the best value by far. Clean, decent rooms with COMFORTABLE beds and pillows, a small flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, microwave, and dishes and glasses. And the staff is fantastic, really fantastic. I even had a "welcome back" gift waiting for me. This isn't the Ritz, for me, it's better and I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: If you have any walking problems, you are better of on the first floor closer to the front office. T...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shaker Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort for one night prior to departing on a cruise. We were warmly welcomed to the Resort by a very friendly staff (who continued to be warm and helpful in every way). Located right on a pretty beach, this resort felt like the unspoiled Caribbean of old. There is a nice open air beachside restaurant and bar, which is very cozy, as well as a second very "happening" restaurant, Iggy's, just a short walk from the main buildings. Our room had a door that allowed us to walk right onto the beach, and which provided a nice view of the activities going on there. We were disappointed in the room, however. It was clean and appeared to have been updated somewhat, but it felt "dated" and a little run down at the heels (e.g, broken slats in the door to the beach, an old-fashioned wall air conditioner that blew through the drapes, etc.) In short, our stay felt like a true old-fashioned Caribbean Island experience in a picturesque setting and the staff was lovely, but the room itself and some of the common areas were a trip back into the 1960's-1970's. Probably a great place for a family with kids but my wife and I are higher-end travelers and would probably stay at a new hotel the next time.

Centereach, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the Bolongo Bay this past January. Our flight brought us into St. Thomas around 11 p.m. and I was starving. Selma greated us at the Resort with a warm smile and asked the kitchen to help us out with some food - Great Burger and Drinks at Iggy's and the bartender was friendly and fun. The atmosphere here is family oriented and the staff takes extra care to make you feel at home. Waitstaff at the Lobster Grille had us on a first name basis and we were truly sad to leave. Highly reccommended!

Room Tip: Lots of iguanas in St. Thomas. I was happy that we had second floor room to limit the potential of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bolongo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!