“Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We tried Sunday Brunch and then dinner at the Fish Market. Both experiences were excellent. And all our meals were much better than at the overpriced Havana Blue at the Marriott.

• Visited November 2012

Derby, Kansas
“Perfect romantic dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Ready to leave the islands and had to praise the Caribbean Fish market at Cowpet Bay.. The food was incredible. The beautiful beach surroundings were breathtaking. Service was excellent. Could not have asked for a better venue to celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss!

Manassas, Virginia
“Great View - Not so great service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary for this trip. You work all year and save your money to celebrate. We went to the fish market for happy hour (6:00 pm) and wanted a romantic evening. The view was exceptional (on the beach)! The food was good. Our server was "busy". Apologized for being so busy - but I can't stand spending good money and not to be made to feel "special". I made a joke (a sex and the city joke about Mr. Big) to a server and it got lost and I felt as if I was taken as being rude? Mojitos were good! I was disappointed - not the romantic evening I had hoped for due to service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mallory M, General Manager at Caribbean Fish Market, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Good Morning,

My name is Mallory McGowan, and I'm with Caribbean Fish Market. First, I would like to apologize is your experience was anything short of amazing. We understand that our guests work hard to be able to vacation in paradise, and we apologize that you were underwhelmed, and didn't get to experience what Caribbean Fish Market is all about.

Also, I wanted to thank you for your candid feedback. If there's a problem somewhere, we want to be able to manage it and coach our staff to be the best they can be -- and we can't do that without feedback. I do hope that if you make it back down here that you'll let us know. We'd love to have you back and show you that Caribbean Fish Market is all about the basics -- beautiful and delicious food, unparallelled service with a flair, and a nice little sunset - just feet away from the beach. If we did not deliver what you expected, I extend my deepest apologies, and we hope to have you back as guests in the future. Also, Happy Belated Anniversary!

Warm Regards and Safe Travels,
Mallory McGowan
Superior, Colorado
“Best on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This restaurant is by far the best on the island. Our only complaint is that we ate here on our first night. Therefore, every other meal was a disappointment!

Our service was impeccable, as was the food. We followed our waiters recommedations, and were thrilled. We loved every bite.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn, NY
“Food is good but located at mediocre hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I both had excellent Caribbean curry (his chicken and mine shrimp) in the mid-$20 price point, as well as mojitos for a reasonable $7. I'd be much more enthusiastic about this restaurant if it weren't located in a hotel, and a not terribly exciting one at that. But if you don't mind that detail this is worth the trip. You can sit outside with ocean views.

Visited November 2012
Good morning!
I'm Mallory McGowan, and I'm the General Manager at Caribbean Fish Market. I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed your experience in our restaurant! We really strive to make sure our guests can walk out of our doors happy and full, and I'm glad we could give you such an time.

We only opened in January of this year, replacing a long-standing restaurant on the island that closed earlier in 2011 - leaving us with big shoes to fill. Most don't know that Caribbean Fish Market is actually locally owned and operated by St. Thomas Restaurant Group, and are not affiliated with The Elysian Resort. While we aren't affiliated with the resort, I find that a few great qualities of being located at The Elysian are the ample parking; that's sometimes hard to find in St. Thomas. I also find the easy-access stairway to The Ritz and Cowpet East to be extremely helpful in getting guests back to their "home-away-from-homes" much more quickly!

We really appreciate the feedback from your time with us, and I'm so glad you two had an enjoyable evening. We hope to see you again in the future!

Warm Regards,