“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Kansas City area
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

On our last night in St Thomas we wanted a special dinner, just the two of us. We were staying at the Ritz-Carlton and someone told about this restaurant that was next door. Are we glad they did. The food was amazing and the service by Tim was impeccable. We had a lettuce wrap appetizer, and Chris also brought another one, compliments of the chef. Both were wonderful. Then came our main dishes, Snapper stuffed with crab and Wahoo lightly grilled. Both were amazing. We finished the meal off with chocolate hazelnut bread pudding that was to die for, then had a cup of coffee while enjoying the evening breeze and the sound of the surf. Great food, great service and a night to remember.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Valley Stream, New York
“Dining on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Food was excellent, as close to 5 star as you would like. Setting is on the beach at the Elysian Beach Resort. Staff is excellent.

Visited October 2012
St. John
“Delightful Surprise for a Local!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a delicious meal at the Caribbean Fish Market last weekend completely by accident. I live on the neighboring island of St. John, and was visiting a friend on St. Thomas for a beach day. He lives next door to the Elysian and suggested we go to the Caribbean Fish Market for dinner. Having absolutely no expectations, I was immediately impressed upon perusing the menu. There appeared to have been real creativity in putting together the collection of dishes. I've dined at most of the restaurants on St. Thomas and St. John and find many of them have different varieties on the same theme. The food did not disappoint. Everything was delicious! So much flavor, and yes, creativity. We sat at the bar and the service was great- Alexander was a very enjoyable and helpful bartender. I chatted with him and a couple other staff members- everyone seems to be enthusiastic about their job and the food. Having worked in the service industry in the VI-- I presume this means that management treats their employees well-- always a good sign. I even had such a good time that I managed to forget my credit card. They kept it for me until I returned a few days later and everyone was very polite about retrieving it for me. I wholeheartedly recommend the Caribbean Fish Market for an excellent meal on St. Thomas.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mallory M, General Manager at Caribbean Fish Market, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Greetings to our neighboring St. Johnian!

My name is Mallory McGowan, and I'm the General Manager at Caribbean Fish Market. Thank you for the kind words about the service and the food. It's definitely hard to compete with all of the amazing food on these two islands, and the fact that we're high up in your rankings makes a new restaurant feel GREAT. Thank you for the feedback, again, and we hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Warm Regards,
Mallory McGowan
Houston
“Perfect location; great ambience; delicious and fresh cuisine; excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

While staying in St. John we wanted to find a nice seafood restaurant on St. Thomas with a convenient and nice location. The restaurant was easy to reach - about a 5 minute, $10 taxi ride from the ferry. With appetizers and main dishes, after tip, the total was about $90. We sat outside since it was a nice evening and the outside tables are right on the Elysian resort beach. The inside restaurant had an upscale wine bar/restaurant look and feel. Nice but not too stuffy. The food was absolutely delicious and the menu has nice variety. HIghly recommend this restaurant for anyone staying in St. Thomas or St. John.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a great dining experience there recently. Excellent service from our waiter Mr. Big Life. He was attentive and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Food was fabulous, ate outside on the patio. Recommend this place for a special evening.