We just came back from 4 nights at the Ritz Carlton Club, St. Thomas. First, the positive. The staff at the entire hotel was extremely nice and very helpful. Particularly the people at the Club Lounge (and Jake went the extra mile). The room was nice (not spectacular but a beautiful view of the bay). The food presentations at the Club Lounge were great and the staff supurb. Wish it stayed open beyond 10 pm but the club made the stay very special. The hotel is beautiful and the beach quite nice (but not a beach that you can walk very far on so if you want a long beach this is not it. Service at the beach was great, most all the watersports included with the resort fee and everyone very helpful. I just wish the beach was longer so we could actually take a nice run or jog on it, Pool is beautiful but i wish the water were a little warmer. Views to the bay are outstanding.
The negative-the breakfast buffet was very ordinary and never changed during the 4 breakfast we had. Service was slow although after I mentioned that to the front desk the service was much improved. For what they charge for the buffet a little annoying to charge you $8 more for fresh squeezed orange juice. Also, they should take the H&H Bagel breakfast off the menu since H&H has been no more for more than a year. Do not come here if you are a tennis player. Two courts only right next to the hotel generator or electrical system so very hard to hear and very annoying. They charge $58 or so for a resort fee and you cannot enjoy a quiet game of tennis. They don't even have something to reduce the noise. Machines in the health club were a little dated and they did not have anyone to monitor use and keep the place clean.
The staff went out of their way to have you enjoy your stay but I probably would not rush back, Nice for a quick getaway but not as nice as your typical Ritz.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas Hotel u.s. Virgin Islands
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathtaking natural beauty right on the beach. A bounty of outdoor adventure with perpetually perfect climate are just a few of the reasons why St. Thomas attracts the savy traveler from around the world. Everything the Ritz Carlton is famous for but raised to a higher level in these stunning private residences. ... more less