My family enjoyed spending New Years as this great resort within a resort. Not to belabor all of the positive points previously made, but there are severalworth reiterating:
1. The rooms were excellent. Spacious, well equipped, expansive water views, clean, updated and the perfect place for a family to unwind for a week. The ability to cook and do laundry throughout the week was a real plus. We couldn't have asked for more and the accommodations exceeded our expectations. Pictures offered by website are direct correlation to what you will experience.
2. Service. I read seval places where this property did not have service that was comparable to other Ritz locations. This was not our experience. We have had the good fortune of staying at many Ritz Carlton properties throughout the US, Caribbean and Mexico. That said, we found the service at this hotel excellent. From the moment we checked in and were greeted with "Welcome home" by the GM to the time we left, we found the service was excellent throughout the property. Everyone we encountered was happy, was genuinely willing to assist us and did so in an expeditious manner.
3. Beach. I also read complaints of the beach being too small, etc. Are you kidding me? The setting is absolutely to die for on a natural cove with the most beautiful water and sand you have ever experienced. Our children (ages 5, 9 & 12) we entertained all week long swimming, snorkeling and exploring. It is also very nice that the water is very calm which is perfect for little ones.
4. Location. For anyone who desires to book water excursions, the resort is ideally located a short drive to Red Hook to catch ferries, water taxis and private boat tours. There are also several restaurants in Red Hook that we enjoyed. We had a great meal at Pesce.
5. Cost. High cost in absence of value is a waste of money. You will not find that to be the case at this wonderful property. In previous reviews, several have mentioned how expensive the resort, restaurants, etc. are. If you are planning to visit St. Thomas or the surrounding islands and are looking for low cost you might as well stay home and save yourself the frustration. This is notnan inexpensive place to visit. That said, if you desire an ideal Caribbean setting, access to great restaurants, ferries to explore other islands and access to an imoeccable Ritz you have the makings of a perfect vacation.
6. Relaxing. We found jthe hotel guests were respectful with not a lot of loud music or anything of that nature during the day or evening. if you desire more activity, you also have access to the Ritz hotel next door. The pool at the hotel was busier and lively than the residences. Also more restaurant choices there too.
7. Pool Bar. We enjoyed lunch, snacks and a numbe of great cocktails here. Service was impeccable, food was very good and the drinks were worth it!
In sum, this is a great resort to enjoy for families and couples who desire a place to unwind. I hope you have as great of an experience as we did at this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathtaking natural beauty right on the beach. A bounty of outdoor adventure with perpetually perfect climate are just a few of the reasons why St. Thomas attracts the savy traveler from around the world. Everything the Ritz Carlton is famous for but raised to a higher level in these stunning private residences. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas Hotel u.s. Virgin Islands
- The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands