About the best thing I can say about this place was that is was affordable. The grounds were very run down, but our unit was not too bad. It was clean, and was equipped with satellite, flat screen tv's, fully stocked kitchen,etc. a little disappointing that wi-fi was not included, and we had to pay for it. The beach was beautiful, and they did provide snorkeling equipment and chairs available (only until 6 pm, so if you want to sit out on the beach and watch the sunset, be sure and take your own or a towel!). The coral was beautiful, and we saw sea turtles and sting ray in addition to the many species of fish. I thought the office was a little "sketchy", as it was in a unit that didn't have any sign letting you know where it was, and I was somewhat reluctant to give them my credit card, and had to ask them for a receipt to make sure it was charged the amount I had booked it for. One of the reason we booked here was because it was on the Safari route, and we wouldn't have to use a taxi for transportation....however, we failed to realize that in order to get to the pick up route, we had to hike up a huge hill. Needless to say, we ended up calling for taxi services anyway! Location was good, close to Red Hook and the ferry to St. John island, so that was another plus. Overall, not too bad...it could've been a lot worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands