My mom and I just got back from 5 nights at Sapphire Beach. First off we rented privately from an owner, so no need for your taxi to drop you at the Pavilion and Pools have them take you directly to your building. We stayed in building C and the inside of the condo was fully renovated, but that building has not been renovated yet. There are full scale renovations going on to other buildings so its not quiet. Make sure you contact the owner and manager several days prior to your arrival, day before and day of, if you choose to rent privately. We had a bit of a mix up but it was taken care of. The property itself is rather run down, but it looks like a major effort are going on to bringing it back. The beach is beautiful and the snorkeling was ok, we didn't have the best visibility due to weather. The marsh ducks are wonderful and the iguanas surprise you they were awesome! Gets a bit crowded when the cruise ships are in port. Our condo was lovely and right on the beach. Red hook is about a 15 min walk or a $26 taxi ride, we chose to eat in a lot! Plenty of restaurants, shops and grocery store in red hook as well. No restaurants at the resort there is a beach side portable grill they serve food and drinks. We walked to Red Hook and took the ferry to St John that is a must we will stay on St. john next time!! We really had a great time because we are truly beach bums (thats all we did) and in no way do I want my above comments to be taken in a negative way I just thought travelers would like to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands