We rented a condo in building B from an owner on www.VRBO.com, so our condo was newly renovated and decorated very nicely. It is in the most beautiful location on the island but it is on the opposite side from the port of call or Havensight where all of the nice stores and restaurants are. You have to take a taxi into Red Hook to find a restaurant or market and even then most of the restaurants are bars so it's just glorified bar food.
We went in October 2012 for our honeymoon and had some trouble almost every day we were there. I'm not sure if it was because this is considered their low season but they were doing LOTS of maintenance around the buildings. We were only on half power the first two days we stayed so we had no air conditioner. Needless to say it was HOT!! Also, everyday we were there (we stayed for 6 nights) the cable/satellite TV and Internet would stop working for most of the day.
It is a nice location and seems secure but there are people along the beach that will try to sell you things. If I went back to St. Thomas I would try to stay closer to Havensight or Charlotte Amalie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands