“The best place in st thomas to stay and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Pleasant Resort

You added Point Pleasant Resort to your Saves list
Point Pleasant Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6600 Estate Smith Bay | St Thomas USVI, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Offers & Announcements
Free off-site shuttle!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East End
Palm Desert, California
“The best place in st thomas to stay and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We lived here for nearly a year and I was able to see drastic changes made to the resort that made me sad to leave. I was working for a year in at thomas and it was so awesome to stay at pt pleasant. I felt like I was on vacation everyday. There are 3 pools to hike around between. You can walk along the beach to sugar bay next door or walk over to Koki beach where there is coral world that is great place to visit with kids. I truly miss the place and I travel a lot and I'd would be very happy to be in a place like pt pleasant on vacation! I think it's the best location by far on st thomas!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you Tommy. We could not agree more!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My stay at Point Pleasant was the best experience I've ever had on any vacation I've taken! A concierge/guest relations/week planner by the name of Aaron was the reason for this vacation to be so successful. He not only planned different outings but he had me experiencing things I never imagined! He planned scuba diving, paddle boarding, deep sea fishing on a charter boat, even snorkeling with sea turtles! The food is fantastic, the property needs to be a little updated, but the room was cozy, comfortable and clean! My overall experience was phenomenal!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in D28 and we couldn't have asked for better views. The Staff was friendly and the spa was great. I would recommend a rental car so you can see all of the island and all of St. John. Thanks for a wonderful week!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
We are the ones who should be thanking you! Thank you for spending a week with us.
New River, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our first trip to St. Thomas so nothing made sense geographically, east end, north side, etc. We booked this based on reviews and they were spot on except this property is not in Charlotte Amalie (which ended up being a good thing for us). We took full advantage of paddle boarding- Hobie was awesome to help us with it. We tried to kayak but the wind/weather got a little rough. This resort has everything you need and is close to everything for your stay on St. Thomas. The security staff is right on top of everything which gives you an extra piece of mind too. At check in, you are greeted with a cup of rum punch to start your vacation off in the island spirit. Enjoy friends!

Room Tip: B-12 was excellent for a 1 bedroom villa. Personal preference would be to not have a hilltop unit.
Kelly,

Thank you so much for your review. One of our goals each and every day is to exceed the expectations of our guests. We hope every guest feels the same way you did.

Jeff
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When we arrived late in the day for our 3 night stay we were warmly greeted and shown to our (very nice) room with breathtaking views of the water. However, within a couple hours we were requesting a room change due to our partying neighbors. Anthony was helpful beyond expectations in setting us up in an upgraded room (no extra charge) complete with a bottle of wine (believe he also stayed after hours to accommodate this). From there it went downhill a bit. We discovered on checking in that there were limited food options available on the resort (our fault for not knowing that ahead of time). Limited and expensive bar food available poolside from 11am on but no real dining options. Restaurant choices in Red Hook were few but available via shuttle (free from the resort, tips encouraged and expected; Wille and Charlie our drivers were always helpful and prompt). We were able to purchase food from a grocery store in Red Hook but found out the next morning after we arrived that any food left out even while sealed was subject to ant infestation including the coffee pot.
The hotel is for the most part quiet, the beach is small, pristine, rocky, no swimming. The fitness center is available for a fee. Housekeeping is available for a fee. The bath soap provided was handmade and very nice.
All in all, a beautiful setting high up on a hill but not the sort of effortless, romantic visit we were looking for.

Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our stay at Point Pleasant was sooo much fun....I just loved it!! Right from the start we were welcomed by Raquelle with a beverage and a smile. She was very enthusiastic and informative which was nice since it was late when we arrived and we were not expecting such great service at that hour. We stayed in unit A12 which was quite spacious and very nicely decorated. It was also very clean and had everything we needed...I looked forward to opening our curtains every morning to the most gorgeous view. What a wonderful way to start the day! Every single staff member I had the pleasure to encounter was not only helpful but fun to talk to. Anthony like Raquelle was all smiles and Emma was very pleasant as well. The shuttle drivers Willie and Charlie were always prompt and enjoyable to be around. Point Pleasant Spa had recently opened and Beverly accommodated 4 of us at one time for massages and they were amazing. Sugar beach was one of my favorite parts of the resort....it was so quaint and I tried to get down there as much as possible. This was the most memorable Birthday I have had in quite some time! I Loved everything about the resort!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for posting a review. We hope to see you again soon.
Watertown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I don't usually write reviews because if it's not 5 stars it's not worth sharing. This resort was great and had a very welcoming notion to it, the staff was your family, your room was your home, the resort was your well kept neighborhood. You immediately feel as if you belong.

Everyone I had dealt with was great, from the front desk where you can run into a number of friendly hard working staff, Danielle, Anthony, Vyncia, Kyle, Raquel, Lydia and Aaron come to mind. They were more than happy to help you, answer questions, recommend activities and just point you (more like walk alongside of you) in the right direction.

Get in the water! Aaron, who liked to call himself "The Fun Coordinator" lived completely up to his reputation! By the end of my stay I was confident i could consider him a brother. My group, Aaron and myself went kayaking, such a thrill on the ocean with beautiful views and a fun ride.

Get on the water! I highly recommend WreckLife for the thrill seeker. Our Captain, Ryan, was incredibly knowledgeable, funny and professional. He brought us snorkeling and cliff jumping which were exhilarating before bringing us to Willy T's which needs no mention due to it's long reputation of an all around great time.

Get on the links! (if you golf) Mahogany Run has to be the most beautiful course I had ever had the pleasure of embarrassing myself on. The staff was helpful and enjoyed making you ready for the course. Excellent advice from the bag boys, Brian and Antonio. The bartenders was also very helpful, if you play like I do, you'll understand. If you enjoy chasing the white ball around, you must go here.

Red Hook, just a few moments away in shuttle piloted by either Charlie or Willy (who are the happiest people I've ever met, this attitude will rub off on you) is where you will want to end up if you enjoy nightlife. If you can't find what you're looking for here... well... I just don't know. Every bar is great and has it's own notable features. Check them all out, they're are not far from each other in the least.

All in all, this was an immaculate experience I highly recommend. I miss the staff already and cannot wait to see them again. The activities were like no other and will leave you feeling privileged you had the opportunity to do them. The nightlife was some of the best in the world. I will be going back to Point Pleasant without a doubt. I hope this review was helpful and paints the picture of the paradise I witnessed and lived. Book your trip!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Point Pleasant Resort? Share your experiences!