We stayed at the Point Pleasant Resort last week while on vacation in St. Thomas. We were a family of 5. I had read many reviews of this resort prior to booking. There were pro's and con's in my opinion. Here are the Pro's: I thought the location was fantastic. Close to Red Hook, which is near the ferry to St. John, and close to the grocery store. Not too far from great beaches. The pools on the property were really nice. The kids enjoyed playing in them. Nothing spectacular, but you are in St.Thomas so one would assume you'd be at the beach for the majority of time. The beaches were spectacular. The view from our room was fantastic with tables and lounge chairs to sit on the porch and enjoy that view. We stayed in room D24.The staff was excellent, and very responsive. The room had a kitchen, and on site laundry facilities. There was a sofa bed and a king size bed. We were alos able to borrow a blow up mattress which was very comfortable. That was perfect for our family of five. All great for a family. There were nice amenities such as borrowing snorkel gear, yoga, free kayak tours. As for the cons- the rooms are VERY outdated. They were clean, but outdated. The wood on the doors was falling off. Tile was cracked. The fridge was clean on the inside, but so old looking on the outside. I think just very outdated. But, we still had a good time and were okay with the state of the room. I have read that some rooms are nicer than others, meaning they are more updated. We didn't spend the time researching which would be the best room. Final call would we stay there again....i think the answer is no. I think we would try to find something a bit nicer. But if the price was right we would consider it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, operated by Akers Ellis Resort Management. Situated on a 15-acre hillside preserve, the resort overlooks beautiful Water Bay, the Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. Discover what intimate, friendly and fun service is all about! Guests indulge in on-resort recreation, including complimentary snorkel gear, kayak/snorkel tours, paddle board use and lessons. The resort features a small but private beach complete with beach beds and umbrellas as well as three pools. The resort's middle pool has breathtaking views along with pool beds and umbrellas. The resort is home to Point Wellness Spa. The resort makes it easy to forgo the rental car expense. Guests are provided complimentary transportation around the resort and throughout the east end of St. Thomas. Grocery delivery is available. There are also some weekly trips to Magens Bay. 60 Independently but attractively designed villas make up our resort. With six room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, WIFI, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and astonishing ocean views from private balconies. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Less than three miles away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. Beautiful Lindquist beach is just three miles away as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands