I stayed at Point Pleasant from 12/26/14 to 1/2/15 and really enjoyed it. The staff at the resort is a wonderful group of people. Aaron and Charlie were especially nice! The shuttle service is a nice benefit here, as the taxi situation on the island is a total scam. You can get to Red Hook quickly for restaurants/bars and the ferry, or a trip to the grocery store, or to go snorkeling at local beaches, all using the Point Pleasant shuttle service. When you call for a pick-up off the property, your ride is there to collect fairly quickly too!
I ate several times at Panga, the restaurant on the property overlooking the water below the lower pool. I believe it's separately owned from the hotel, but I found it convenient (though a tad over priced) and the food was quite good. Austin the bartender is fabulously friendly, and provides better service than anyone else at the restaurant.
As for the E2 room itself, here are some recommendations and comments:
1) Bring your own pillow, unless you prefer lumpy ones.
2) Bring your own beach towel. The first three days I was unable to loan one from the front desk because they were all gone. It seemed the demand was greater than supply for beach towels. But a bath towel worked just fine for me in a pinch.
3) The toilet in this particular unit could use a good hard scrubbing.
4) The air conditioner runs on a 6 hour timer that you have to keep winding back up, but I did not find that the room got hot when the AC cut off overnight.
5) The view was wonderful, but I truly don't believe the view is bad from anywhere on the resort property. be sure you go to the different pools and see how the view is different. all of them are beautiful though.
6) Cleaning service is not included in your room rate. You can have your sheets changed for a fee, but it seems to me that if one is paying for 7 nights, at least one sheet change would be included. They will bring you fresh towels on request for no fee, however.
7) Be sure you bring plenty of sun screen; it will cost you $17 US to buy some in the lobby. I thought I was going to run out and thought I'd pick some up at the resort, until the price tag sent me into cardiac arrest.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Point Pleasant, and would recommend it to anyone looking to have a relaxing getaway with great weather, nice people, in a relaxing environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, operated by Akers Ellis Resort Management. Situated on a 15-acre hillside preserve, the resort overlooks beautiful Water Bay, the Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. 128 Independently but attractively designed villas make up our resort. With four room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, WIFI, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and astonishing ocean views from private balconies. Guests indulge in on-resort recreation, including three pools with sundecks, nature trail, and private and secluded Sugar Beach. The resort is home to Point Wellness Spa and the waterfront restaurant Panga. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Less than three miles away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands