“Great employees” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Pleasant Resort

You added Point Pleasant Resort to your Saves list
Point Pleasant Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6600 Estate Smith Bay | St Thomas USVI, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Offers & Announcements
Free off-site shuttle!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East End
Odessa, Texas
“Great employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a great place to stay. We had never been to St Thomas and didn't have a clue of where to stay. My sister found you on trip advisor, and because of the great reviews we chose Pt Pleasant. What a great choice. We fell in love with Patsy, Willie and Charlie, they took us everywhere....they are the best shuttle drivers. We loved the spa, thanks Beverly and all the girls. And a special hi to Anthony. Thanks also to the great manager and his wife. We promise we will return.....thanks again...Marlene, Suzy and Sheryl unit D19.....

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Marlene, Suzy and Sheryl,

We admit to having fun jobs but when we have such awesome guests like the three of you our job is even more enjoyable.

We can't wait for you to come to back.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Situated on a steep hill overlooking the US & British Virgin Islands, this is a truly amazing place with breathtaking views. I researched a number of resorts and decided on Point Pleasant based on reviews and their excellent website where there are detailed descriptions and photos of each unit.

Due to circumstance, however, I found that the caring and resourceful staff is what actually made our stay perfect. I had reserved unit B17 online in October, a very nice one bedroom. Upon our arrival, Emma and Aaron informed us that it was under renovation and they had placed us in E2. After walking into E2, a smaller and comparatively disappointing studio, we called the office and Aaron immediately began to work on a solution. A few hours later he had us in B18 for the night, explaining that he would get us a unit for the remainder of the week on the next day. He also offered to reimburse us for one night for our inconvenience.

The following day while at the beach the staff booked us into B14 & moved our luggage for us. It was gorgeous and met all of our needs. We found ourselves spending each early morning and late evening on the large wrap-around balcony, nearly hypnotized by the amazing waterscape & islands.

A true 5+!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the nice review. Sometimes things happen that we cannot control but your review demonstrates just how important we think your vacation is!

We hope to see you again soon.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We got a studio unit at Point Pleasant at the last minute through VRBO. Very nice resort up on a mountainside offering absolutely spectacular views, several pools, spa (with anti-gravity yoga classes), restaurant & bar at the very bottom of the resort right on the water. Panga's had really good food and drinks - quite a trek to get there, though! Thankfully there are golf carts on the property that the staff uses to take you to different locations at the resort, which is really very hilly - really steep hills!!! Point Pleasant is about 3 miles from Red Hook and the resort offers shuttle service into Red Hook from 8 am until about 7:30 pm, so it was great having Charlie and Willie to take us there and pick us up with just a phone call to the front desk. Our unit was clean with a balcony offering gorgeous views. The queen memory foam bed was very comfortable and the unit has a queen sleeper sofa. The kitchen is well stocked with full size fridge, stove & microwave. Everything that you need was there - even beach towels! Just bring your clothes! Peaceful and quiet. About 20-30 minutes from Charlotte Amalie. If I HAD to mention a downside, it would be that it IS 3 miles from Red Hook. So, if you don't have a car, you will be dependent upon the resort shuttle and then a taxi before and after the shuttle service, for example, having to be at the ferry early morning to go the BVIs or if out and about after 7:30 pm. Typically, a 3 mile walk would be a piece of cake; however, the road into town is always busy with no sidewalks and honestly, the steep, steep road up the mountain to the resort would be a physical nightmare (and I'm in decent shape). But this is an insignificant hiccup and overall, Pleasant Point is a wonderful spot!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I just wanted to clarify that if you are a guest renting directly through the resort and check in with the resort staff at the lobby they would have explained several transportation add on services we provide.

We will make earlier shuttle arrangements for resort guests to catch ferries leaving before 8am and we also can make pre arranged taxi pickups for you later in the night to bring you home from Red Hook.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our family was fortunate enough to stay in unit D37 here in mid-January. From start to finish we were impressed by the superior level of service and wonderful, natural setting of this resort. The complementary transportation around the resort and to nearby locations made a HUGE difference in our experience. We have stayed on St Thomas several times, and this service was always quick, efficient, and very friendly. Standouts among the staff include Vincia, the resort manager, and Jules, Raquel, Charlie, Willy, and Anthony. The pools and beach area are pristine and lovely! We can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Michelle,

We can't wait to have you and your family back! ! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and mentioning so many members of our team.

Horseshoe Bay, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was at my wits end trying to get SOMEONE to respond to my calls/emails to several other hotels/resorts & wedding planners. And then, (cue the rescue music from Raiders of the Lost Ark), Heather swooped in to save me from the stress.

OK, that was a little corny but she really did. When I initially contacted Point Pleasant and told them what I was going through, they said "We've got someone who can help you with that". It was late in the day when I called and they said they'd get her the message in the morning. I figured I'd get ignored like the other dozen places. Wrong! Heather called me the next morning and began asking questions and taking notes as to what I needed. She assured me she could get it done and I'd be contacted with more info. Well, long story short, she was awesome! Heather was very professional and stayed in constant communication with me either with phone calls or emails. She set up exactly what I wanted for my wife.

This was our 25 yr anniversary trip and I wanted something special for my wife. Heather was there to greet us when we arrived after hours (late due to airport issue) and began our 5+ Star treatment. We checked into our room , B -27, and my wife cried when she saw our picture and flowers and bottle of champagne that awaited us. We had our massages still waiting (great massages!) and then dinner on site (great service & food). The bed in B-27 was so comfortable! We woke up to an awesome view! God is so good!! Our chef came to our room to make us breakfast to start our special day. My wife was thrilled. Then off to our vow renewal at Sapphire Beach. The weather didn't look like it was going to hold out but it did. Heather met us there and the ceremony went great. Heather's choice of the officiant and photographer were amazing. She also took care of the flowers I wanted for my wife. We ended our evening with a dinner sail that Heather arranged & I highly recommend.

Our weeklong stay at PP was perfect. There's not a bad view anywhere. The staff is tops! They smile. They greet you with a happy / cheerful voice and make you feel like you are top priority. You'll get to know them by name. Heather, Raquel, Jackie, Willie, Charlie, Aaron and more...all of them pleasant, professional and outstanding.

As you've probably read in other reviews, the location is great. We did so much, we never made it to the beach to relax! We went to Coral World, Red Hook, a private fishing trip, swam w/ dolphins and more.

Here are some 5 star recommendations :
Best value - sunset dinner sail with Morningstar Charters thru PP.
Fantastic Pizza & Music - Island Time Pub in Red Hook. Drink a Bushwacker too!
Private Fishing guide/boat - Double Header Sport Fishing.

I thank God for healing our marriage and blessing us with the opportunity to see more of His beautiful creation. Ephesians 5:25-33

I've gone on too long. We're going back for more. Enough said.

Room Tip: B-27 had a super comfortable bed. Due to us making a late reservation, we had to move to unit B-1fo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerry,

I have been in the business a long time but never teared up while reading a review before. (Well perhaps maybe a bad one :) ). You and your wife are a very special couple and definitely part of our family now.

We think Heather is a superstar too.

We cannot wait for your return,

Oakland, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at Point Pleasant in November 2014 and had a very nice time. The staff was excellent - very helpful in securing rides and excursions. The owners were extremely warm and friendly. Overall a very inviting place. I had a room with a gorgeous view of the water (E5, I think) and loved waking every morning and sitting on the patio. I preferred to go to the beaches in the surrounding area - Secret Harbor beach was my favorite. Can't comment on the restaurant as I didn't eat there - headed into Red Hook, instead. This is not a super upscale place, which was fine by me. A great stay for a very affordable price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Anne,

Thank you for the review! Laurie, Tessa and I enjoyed meeting you and having dinner with you. I did want to point out that we own the management company that runs the resort and not the resort itself.

We hope your travels bring you back to St. Thomas and we can have dinner again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My fiancee and I were very impressed with our suite, E1, at Point Pleasant this past MLK JR Day weekend. The views of Sugar Bay are spectacular. We felt like we were staying at someone's condo, not at a hotel/resort, which we liked very much. We had a full size fridge, pots/pants, coffee pot, and all the kitchen gear you could need to open beers, wine, and cook food for a long weekend. The free shuttle service down to Red Hook makes it very easy to shoot over to Saint John for the day, or just to go to the bars and restaurants for an afternoon or evening. The shuttle drivers, Willie, Charlie, and Patsy are so nice and helpful. Anthony, the front desk guy was also the most helpful during our stay. I recommend this place highly to anyone looking for a St. Thomas getaway - we absolutely LOVED it!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Andrew,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We hope to see you soon!

Jeff

Been to Point Pleasant Resort? Share your experiences!