“Nice views & great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Pleasant Resort

You added Point Pleasant Resort to your Saves list
Point Pleasant Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6600 Estate Smith Bay | St Thomas USVI, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Offers & Announcements
Free in-room WIFI
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East End
“Nice views & great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We rented from a private owner but felt like a pampered guest. The staff couldn't have been nicer. My son is special needs and some of the staff went out of their way to remember his name and talk to him each time they saw him. The receptions on Mon., Wed., and Fri. We're fun and we met some new friends. Willie is great and couldn't have taken care of us any better. Yes, the resort is lacking in food, but Red Hook is a short distance away and Willie will get you there. Plus Coki Beach and Coral World are nearby.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family stayed in a condo rented through VRBO for a week and we truly enjoyed our stay. The condo was in the building by the lower pool on the 3rd floor. We chose it because we have kids and thought we would be frequently walking to Sugar Beach and we did not want to go over the hills.
GPS does not pick up the entire address, you would need to enter Smith Bay Rd, once you're on Smith Bay, just keep going until you see the Resort sign. The resort overall is well kept and it is still work in progress. There is security staff on patrol at night. The condo itself was beautiful and you could not get enough of sitting in the balcony. During our stay we only turned the AC on two nights. The other nights we kept the doors open and the trade winds kept us cool the entire time.

The small Sugar beach by the resort would do if you don't feel like driving to other beaches. It is sandy once you pass the small rocks on the edge. If you're going to cross to St John from Red Hook, I recommended taking the 9am ferry. Red Hook is only a 5 minutes drive from the property. Also you won't go wrong with any restaurant in Red Hook.

Maybe for couples a car is not needed, but for families with kids, you definitely need a car.

Room Tip: We wound up going to other beaches a lot...Magen's Bay, Trunk Bay, Cinammon Bay so any condo tha...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Aurora, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for 2 fun filled weeks (11/4-11/18) at Point Pleasant and will do it again next year! The grounds were beautiful and the staff amazing. We rented a car so didn't take advantage of the free shuttle but once, and really enjoyed it when I did. Pangas on the water was revising their menu at the time (understandable to do this before the High season starts) so the food menu was limited but they had a delicious jalapeno/cucumber drink and my 9yr old had a blast fishing right there off the deck. the beach was set up had you thinking nap, but the free snorkel gear and a 9yr old prevented it. We had a slight issue in our place and they bent over backwards to resolve it even though I rented direct from the owner. The view from our condo was amazing and the bed was very comfortable after a long day of playing, perfect size for our family of 3 and had everything we needed plus some. The pools were clean, refreshing and mostly all to ourselves. Thank You to All the staff for making this such a fun and definitely memorable vacation!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have been to the Caribbean many times but finance had not. I wanted to make it really special. This resort boasted 4 on-site restaurants as well as room service and shuttles to the district of Red Hook.
All of the restaurants had been closed for some time. There was no daily cleaning service.
Sadly, they had construction going non-stop. And not the kind with hammers and nails or painters or such - they had jack-hammers and chainsaws going at 9am! I am from a time zone that is 3 hours behind. It was brutal. I tried to speak nicely to the workers as did my fiance and then after we called the front desk 7 times the owner came down. "Thank god!" I thought to myself!
But he laughed at us and began to tell his workers where to drill next. I blurted out "Isn't there some kind of noise ordinance? I didn't pay to stay on a construction sight!"
And I swear he said - "The only noise ordinance is you!"
He was wearing flop-flops and had a beer in his hand.
"This can not be the owner I had thought to myself"
BUT IT WAS!
Down in Redhook we met other couples staying in far better resorts paying less than I paid for my "ocean view"
If I could do it again I would avoid this resort like the plague.

Sincelery,
April Doney

Room Tip: Ask for one not near any construction!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear readers,

We are disappointed that this review was posted. To set the record straight, the "owner" that this guest is referring to is an individual property owner who owns the villa directly below where they stayed.

Construction work was halted immediately once the resort found out it was taking place. The owner was very cooperative with us even after his balcony was "hit"with eggs from the guests above. We were forced to call security.

Many of the statements made by this reviewer are simply inaccurate. The previous 50 reviews posted on our Trip Advisor page by guests renting directly through the resort are reflective of our dedication to providing the best possible resort experience. All of them have been great reviews.

Jeff
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I and my wife had recently stayed a week at point pleasant resort on st thomas island. While staying in st thomas we had a great time, but most of this was done outside point pleasant resort being as both the restaurant and bar at the resort were closed. There was a lot of early morning construction, which was pretty loud and none stop til the afternoon. Most of the staff was nice and accommodating but the lobby was only open till about 7, so any other travel after would have to be by cab as the resort itself is not close to any nightlife like the red hook district, which has some very nice restaurants and shops, i would recommend fish tails for some good fish. The room was pretty small with a strange odor for some reason. The bathroom was small and had a locker room type shower, with non existent room service. All in all the area was very pretty with beaches and lots of wild life. Iguanas were just wandering around the area which was pretty cool. But as for the resort i would not stay in again, i wish their website would have been updated to show that there actually is no restaurants on site or even just a continental breakfast and that some of the hotel rooms had loud construction going on early in the day.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff A, Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Marcus,

I tried to reach you through Trip Advisor but have not been successful. We are not sure you stayed through the resort. The resort lobby is open every day until at least 10pm and we would have addressed any room odor or room construction noise immediately. The waterfront restaurant, Panga, is open every day for lunch and dinner. There are plans to open a second restaurant in the very near future.

We would love to get in contact with you to either provide some sort of compensation or straighten out the confusion. We do not show an October reservation under your name.

Jeff
Abingdon, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here in June and October 2014 (I wish i could go twice every year!). I love this resort and I love the location. The views are spectacular, the resort itself is great. The staff are very nice and accommodating, you can book excursions and they have a dock there so you don't have to drive anywhere. 3 pools - and the upper pool was awesome! Clean, peaceful - can't say enough good things. We went to Agave, the restaurant (another one is supposed to open) - food was great, it's open air on the water. You have to get a painkiller (yum!). Everything in St. Thomas is mountains and hills so fair warning - if you are in the top section of units (which i recommend) it's a pretty steep walk back up (but this is true for a lot of the resorts on St. Thomas). That being said, i believe there are shuttles that can take you to the beach. I like to rent a car when i go to STT so I can go to all the beaches on the island and go over to St. John. The resort offers trips to the other area beaches - Coki and Magens. Every unit has a kitchen so that can cut down on food costs (which is expensive on the islands) - we bought food for breakfast/snacks and ate out for dinner. It's close to Red Hook - one of the "bigger" towns with restaurants, shopping and night life. And, more important - the price for Point Pleasant is extremely reasonable! Can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We look forward to seeing you again and again! Thank you Christina.
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We spent 4 nights in early November in D23, a beautiful villa which had a wrap around deck and views from the king bed. I fell in love with the beauty of these islands and the warm staff and residents. Complimentary yoga and shuttle service to amazing beaches, grocery store and restaurants in Red Hook where on our last night I believe we sat a few stools away from Jimmy Buffet. Shuttle Willie and Charlie were always available when we requested a ride. Beautiful private beach and a pools seconds away. Would go back today if I could. Reasonable flights on Spirit Airlines which canceled the flight there but hotel staff were able to accommodate a change of dates by a night. They did not have to do that. Cannot think of one negative for this property. Best to reserve through the hotel to get the free shuttle services, towel service, free snorkeling equipment and choice of rooms. Read the reviews and you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed November 2014
Look forward to making your next reservation myself! Thank you for the nice review.

Been to Point Pleasant Resort? Share your experiences!