My wife and I stayed at Point Pleasant August 9-15. It was the best 7 days we have ever encountered on any vacation! The trip was booked thru AAA Travel and the suite we were given was A-16. We had to check in off -site with the 'old' management company. I was mildly disappointed with suite assignment until we actually saw it. The resort is on the side of a mountain literally, in an excellent location- close but yet far away enough from the crowds; somewhat rustic, and it offers tranquility that a lot of the other upscale resorts do not...
Negative= When we arrived at the suite we found that the AC did not work. After several phone calls ( and several hours waiting) to prior management company they got someone to come and get it running.. We cooled off with a suggested"painkiller" at dinner and suddenly forgot all the problems! (make it a point to book accommodations directly through Point Pleasant). The suite was very clean, kitchen had plenty of utensils, plates, etc. for cooking meals and the bed had a great mattress for the travel weary to flop on...and of course there was a panorama of the islands from inside the room...
The People= Mr. Jeff Akers, Aaron, Emma, Willie, Charlie, Ralph, Patsy, Anthony, and many others made sure we were taken care of after our check-in; whether suggestions for sightseeing, shopping, and then getting us there safely! We felt as if we were out-of-town family here...We learned a lot about the Virgin Islands from Willie and Charlie in our rides to and from the many places we visited.Their patience, advice, and service was appreciated greatly (Restaurant alert: Tap & Still in Redhook has the best hamburgers rivaling or bettering Five Guys. .And, Magens Bay is the most beautiful beach we have ever seen...
We would suggest that you take in the Morningstar Sailboat charter with Mike, Captain Michael, and Macy and it was hands down the highlight our vacation; especially when a local barracuda tried to eat my Go Pro camera right out of Macy's hands! The sail, the snorkeling, the food & drinks; our sailing mates Mark and Katie, David and Amanda all made the trip a very memorable one.
Sugar Beach is a hidden gem at the resort- it was a great place to learn to snorkel for the first time without a lot of people watching you choke on sea water! Should have tried it first in the pristine lower swimming pool.. I will stop my review here... You have to take ours and many others word for it... you can only read so much about how nice the resort is, how great the staff is, and how beautiful this place is. We made the decision to see it for ourselves. Boy are we glad we did....so get to the Point...soon!....... Homesick in VA for the islands :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, situated on the hillside 15-acre preserve overlooking beautiful Water Bay, Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. 128 Independently but attractively designed villas make up our resort. With four room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and astonishing ocean views from private balconies. Guests indulge in on-resort recreation, including three pools with sundecks, nature trail, small and secluded Sugar Beach, and the waterfront Panga Restaurant. A second restaurant and spa will open soon. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Less than three miles away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. Point Pleasant Resort is proudly operated and managed by Akers Ellis Resort Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands