“diamond in the ruff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Pleasant Resort

Save Saved
You added Point Pleasant Resort to your Saves list
Point Pleasant Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6600 Estate Smith Bay | St Thomas USVI, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package for $239!
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in East End
“diamond in the ruff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked this trip last minute and were skeptical of what was in store. Immediately the view was amazing. It seemed sugar beach was in ur own private beach. The views are amazing. Staff friendly and helpful. I will go back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Conroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We had a great time! Good exercise walking up and down the stairs! I HIGHLY recommend chartering the sailboat there at the resort...great snorkeling and lunch, a fun time and the crew were a lot of fun! The only negative was the lack of a real restaurant (it was under construction) but the shuttle in to red hook was a great alternative. I would love to come here and stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your sailing adventure and your stay here at Point Pleasant! We hope that you will be back soon and that we will be able to offer a finer dining closer to "home." Please keep in touch!
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

LOVE this place! Management is great, rental property is great, view is great...... Even the snorkeling from their little Sugar Beach is great! You won't find a better place for the price. The view from our balcony was breathtaking!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms in the entire resort!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to eave us some feedback! We love hearing our guest's experiences and are always happy to hear they found value in our property. We hope that you come back and see us and the beautiful views very soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here July 14th - July 19th. The view alone from this place is breathtaking. Upon arrival we were greeted by Anthony who went over all the information we would need during our stay. He also gave us an overview of what kind of excursions that they can help coordinate for you. He gave us some really great freshly ground coffee that lasted us the entire week. Anthony personally took us to our villa and showed us around. He was so nice and charming, you can't help but to like him. Actually all the staff you couldn't help but like. They all seemed genuinely friendly, almost like family or a really good friends.
We stayed in A5, I heard the A building is the most popular because it has the best view. My room was on the 2nd level and I think it was the best view they have. There is a website that shows the views, and I think the picture does not do the view justice. You really have to see it in person to actually appreciate the true beauty of the ocean and islands. It is a large balcony, that fit 2 lounge chairs, a table and 4 chairs. I spent as much time possible on the balcony, the feeling I had on the balcony was so serene. I'm not naturally a morning person, but for some reason during the my stay in the Villa my body naturally woke up early in time to watch the sunrise. The room was spacious and tastefully decorate. A5 decor has a tropical feel, the place decorated with tropical fish, sea shells, turtles and lizards. I was able to view a different room and noticed furniture and decor was totally different.
I also want to mention that the room was stocked with almost anything you may need when traveling. The kitchen had just as much stuff as my kitchen at home. Like, all kinds of spices, oil, vinegars, sugars, sugar alternatives, bottled water, pot and pans of all sizes, any server or utensils you may need. Coffee maker, mugs, glasses, several sizes of plates, saran wrap, cleaners. OK I won't list anymore stuff because it's way too much. But just know you really don't need to bring anything. You just may want to buy basic foods like eggs, bread, meat and milk.
They also had beach/pool stuff. Plenty of towels, hats, beach blankets, coolers, etc...
Transportation around the island was easy. They have a shuttle, which is basically a comfortable jeep and either Charlie or Willie drove us around to the close areas. Like beaches that are close by, Red Hook where there are a bunch of bars and restaurants, and a ferry to St John. There is also an option to take a safari bus, it's $1 and it basically travels on the same loop. There's one every 5- 10 minutes that drives by the entrance of the resort. If you want to take a taxi, depending on where you went the cost was $5 -$ 8 a person.

Some issues that annoyed me but got over:
Once we called for a shuttle bus to pick us up from Red Hook, we waited 30 minutes on the side walk. We called again to ask what happened and the driver said he never got the message. Which I believe. When your on the shuttle you hear the front desk giving the driver to instructions to pick someone up. The driver is supposed to confirm he heard the message, but in this case I think the front desk didn't check if the message was received. Although very annoyed at the time, I got over it. Out of the several times we used the shuttle this was the only trouble we had. Tip - if possible have a cell phone, if your service provides it or rent a cell phone. We found it annoying to always ask a restaurant or bar to do us a favor and call the shuttle for us when needed.

Ants - I noticed several ants in some areas. Once I mistakenly left a crumb on the dining table, I saw several ants on the table. But I have to remember I'm on an island and bugs are just part of nature. There was ant spray in the room. So I just sprayed the sections where I felt there were problems and the ant problem went a way. And I made sure not to drop a crumb of food anywhere. And wipe all spills immediately.

Lack of nearby restaurants - on our first day to the resort we didn't really want to venture out because we were tired from traveling. The resort only has 1 restaurant at the moment. To get to it you have to walk downhill by either a trail or go down the main road. Going downhill isn't too bad of a walk, it's the walking back up the hill to get to our room. I have to admit I took frequents stops on my way back to our room. The only restaurant they have is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. It was a Monday when we decided to check the restaurant out, so it was a pain that we made those hikes for nothing. But as soon as we got back to the lobby, the shuttle took us somewhere to eat. We ate at Fishtails in Redhook. They have great happy hour deals and good food. They also serve breakfast. Redhook is a 5 minute drive from the resort.

We had a plumbing issue: at one point our water pressure was REALLY low and would stop running after a minute. We called front desk and they were able to fix it the next day. Because they couldn't fix the problem immediately, they let me shower in the room below us that was vacant. The maintenance guy was so nice and very apologetic for the inconvenience.

So we did have a few issues, but all of them ended up being resolved. I would absolutely go back to exact same room.

A big THANK YOU to Aaron & Anthony for helping us settle in, coordinating our excursions, helping us check out. We also loved both shuttle drivers Willie and Charlie. Willie is such a character and Charlie was really sweet. The girls at the front desk were also great, I'm sorry I didn't catch there names but they were so helpful when it came to making reservations and calling taxis and the shuttle for us. They were all very hospitable by nature it seemed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for getting to know us and for your forgiving nature of our beautiful island. We understand that some of these issues can be seen as set backs and we always appreciate a guest taking the time to help us better our property. We hope that your next stay with us will allow for opportunity on our end to impress you and make some fun memories! Thank you for letting us be your hosts, we look forward to your return.
Milford, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Point Pleasant Beach Resort for the first time 7/12-7/19/14, booked through Cheap Caribbean. There is new management at the resort but because we booked in the winter the old management company handled our check in, they are very disorganized and glad to see that the resort will now have the new management company... who are AWESOME!!! Once we checked in the new management co. took over helping us. Anthony and Aaron are great and will help with anything you need or want to do. They always had a smile and made us feel very well taken care of. Our room was more than we could hope for (B19) the views and wrap around deck were incredible. The room was very nicely furnished and had everything we could need. The resort is built on a hill so you need to be able to do steps. They do offer a shuttle around the resort and to Red Hook and local beaches. Willie and Charlie are the shuttle drivers and do a great job.
Tips and things we did.
*Sugar beach at the resort is very nice and quiet. We did a little snorkeling there. Reserve the kayaking tour through the resort 9-11am really fun.
* If you go to Coki Beach, don't go when there is a cruise ship in, very crowded. Or go early morning or late afternoon when that crowd is gone.
* Sapphire Beach is nice, walk down to the right away from the public beach, They have a nice pool and beach bar too. Good snorkeling to the right. We ate lunch twice at Panga, Loved the Conch fritters, burgers and chicken wrap
* Places we ate in Red Hook and didn't have a bad meal. Fish Trap for great seafood, Caribbean Saloon has really good steaks,
* Definitely go to St. John. Take the ferry out of Red Hook. we did 3 trips over during our week.
St. John is laid back and 75% of the island is National park.
* Once off ferry get a taxi $5. to Caneel Bay, There is a public trail at the resort to Honeymoon Beach. You can rent kayaks, paddle boards. Great snorkeling and beautiful quiet beach. (7 minute walk on a nice trail wide trail) Stop at the Caneel Bay, Sunset bar for a drink on the way back, beautiful setting.
* St. John: Cinnamon Bay Large beautiful beach. Rentals, Food... $6. taxi
* St. John: Trunk Bay, go on a day there are no Cruise Ships. GREAT snorkeling trail and beautiful beach. $6. Taxi Food, and rentals
St. John Happy hour and places we ate: Happy hour at Virgin Fire in Mongoose Junction..good apps and drinks. Had dinner twice at High Tide in Cruz Bay. 4-7 Happy Hour had the Jerk Chicken and Teriyaki Steak both were delicious.
* Beach Bar for happy hour and sandwiches and apps. On the beach in Cruz Bay. Great for sunset..fun bar great drinks..tried the drink the painkiller.(like an unfrozen pina coloda, sprinkled with nutmeg, Dangerously good! A resident has a pig that likes to take a swim just before sunset, his name is Ziggy, Really funny.
* Time the ferry back to St. Thomas right, and you have a sunset cruise. 7pm
* Take a later ferry and see the stars. Saw my first shooting star.
Had a great vacation, Point Pleasant staff couldn't have been better, would high recommend the resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the guest tips! We know that our future guests as well as our team appreciates the time you took to share your experience with us. We hope to see you sooner rather than later we will save some sunshine and a quiet spot in the sand for you!
Moore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Two days before going on our vacation out west we decided to change and go to St. Thomas. I got on line and booked a seven night stay at Point Pleasant Resort and wow are we glad we did. My wife & I had one of the most wonderful vacations we've ever had. When we arrived at Point Pleasant from the airport we were greeted in the lobby by Anthony. When we showed him our travel voucher we learned that it was booked with another management group and we had to go to a different location away from the resort to check in. It was the coldest reception I have ever experienced. After we checked in and got our key we returned back to the lobby of the resort and that was when the most wonderful week began we have ever experienced. The Aker Ellis Management team welcomed us with open arms as if we were family members they hadn't seen in quite some time. Anthony, Troy, Emma, Tessa, Vicina, Nakisha, Jackie made sure that our needs were always met. Charlie & Willie transported us places and two of the most wonderful guys you will ever meet. Then we got to know Ralph & his wife. Then our last day we finally got the privilege to meet Jeff Akers. The day that we had to leave and returned home my wife & I were hugged by several of the staff members and tears came to our eyes because there was such a wonderful friendship that had been established with this whole crew and we were going to miss them. Also, we so much enjoyed eating at the Panga restaurant on the property and fell in love with the cooks & bartenders. Staying at this resort was a wonderful experience for my wife & I and we will definitely come back. I only hope that Akers Ellis Resort Management will acquire the whole resort soon because I would rate the Sapphire management a one out of five. Definitely a wonderful place to stay in St. Thomas.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the resort management team, the feeling is mutual! We loved getting to know you and all of our guests and we thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you spending the time to get to know us and hope we will see you again very soon! Friends made in the islands and here at Point Pleasant always seem warmer.. Please keep in touch!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Point pleasant is great. From the wonderful room to the accommodating staff, we enjoyed every minute of our stay. The price was right on point. The hotel free included all the small things that can make your trip easier, such as shuttle rides to nearby areas, beach access, and free activities. I highly recommend this place for the complete island feel.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we love hearing that our guests found value in our resort! We look forward to being your hosts again in the future and please let us know how we can further lighten the load and add to your stay!

Been to Point Pleasant Resort? Share your experiences!