My boyfriend and I rented condo B4 through VRBO. com-- it was an awesome location ( closet to the water, right by the small beach, and a 3 minute walk to the restaurant/pool) with an incredible view! Shawn, the owner, was very helpful and accommodating. This condo was updated with a newer kitchen/bathroom, very clean-- he also is one of the owners that has access to the kayaks/snorkel gear/shuttle service. Beware of renting other units because if they don't pay certain fees you have no option to use the activities/ shuttle/ even talk to the hotel. The shuttle service was great and picked us up at any movement (thanks Willie) and brought us to the front to catch the open air bus to Red hook etc. There is also a free service to Lindquist beach which is worth taking advantage of. We loved Panga's (used to be Jack's)- great Pain Killers, great views, and good food, although a small menu. The resort is very close to Lindquist Beach, Red Hook area with great restaurants and the ferry to St. John, which was definitely worth a day trip. Also, Sean the activities coordinator was great at organizing boat trips (New Horizons day trip to the BVI was awesome), as well as any information we needed. Overall, the trip was very relaxing, and I HIGHLY recommend renting unit B4 for the best stay!
One caution is that the hotel seems to use the same taxi guy ( Terrell)-- he was timely, but we felt like he was ripping us off as he charged us 15 dollars for a 3 minute ride while the airport 30 min away cost 30$ with another cab company. It was a little awkward to discuss pricing with him, especially since he was closely affiliated with the resort.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, situated on the hillside 15-acre preserve overlooking beautiful Water Bay, Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. 128 Independently but attractively designed villas make up our resort. With four room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and astonishing ocean views from private balconies. Guests indulge in on-resort recreation, including three pools with sundecks, nature trail, small and secluded Sugar Beach, and the waterfront Panga Restaurant. A second restaurant and spa will open soon. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Less than three miles away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.