In its heyday Point Pleasant was one of the nicer places to stay on the island. My husband and I actually married there at the gazebo overlooking the ocean. That was 30 years ago. We returned in 2012 with our adult son and were fairly disappointed. Its obvious the place has seen better days. We saw evidence of disrepair everywhere from peeling paint, rusted pipes, terrible road ways, pools that needed repair and deck furniture that should have been replaced years ago. Additionally the place just had nothing going on. And not that we wanted excitement, it just felt like the dead zone. The Agave Restaurant is closed so the only place to eat is Jacks, which is basically greasy bar food. The view there is amazing but it can get quite windy down there at night since it's right on the water. As another reviewer noted this place is very steep having been built on a rocky outcropping and if you are not a registered guest you cannot use the shuttle service so you have to walk up and down very steep and rocky walkways to get back and forth to Jacks and pools if you are up top. Also note, if you have a private rental you cannot use the watersports items, you can't even rent them. Nor can you use the tennis courts. Internet service in the units is non existent and again if you're doing a private rental you cannot sit in lobby with their wireless key.
Yes the views are to die for but you're a long and somewhat tough ride from town. Its not easy to go back and forth for dinners out if you want to have a couple of cocktails since the roads are very winding, many curves and you drive on the left. There really is no beach to speak of here and Coki, which is across Smith Bay and the closest (not comfortably walkable at all) fills up with tour bus groups from cruise ships to the point of having people literally on your blanket. Plus the locals are very aggressive. I even had a local expose himself to me underwater when I was snorkeling. Now that was some fish.
They say they have a gym but its an absolute joke. It's so small with a very low ceiling that unless you're a hobbit forget using it. Plus the equipment looks like they got it at a tag sale.
Overall, I think for the money you can do better somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We overlook Water Bay, StJohn, the BVI's including Tortola, Sandy Cay and Jost Van Dyke. Our patio's over look the ocean a great place to socialize while preparing meals.We have on property 3 pools, an intimate sandy beach and a fun new waterside restaurant newly named "Pangas" that opens in November 2013 a fine dinning restaurant that opens in December 2013 along with Point Wellness Spa that will open the first part of December 2013. You will enjoy the beautiful views, sailboat action with Morningstar Charters, turtle watching and crystal clear waters featuring beautiful reefs, colorful tropical fish and more. You can also snorkel along the resort edge. Your a walk along the beach from Coral World and the famous Coki Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.