Stayed at a condo owned unit at Point Pleasant for my birthday weekend end of 2012.
Pros of the property-
Proximity to Coki Beach (its a small beach with the best snorkeling on the island, but has access to Coral World)
Not too far from Red Hook Marina (shops and ferry)
Great bay/ocean Views from almost any unit
Nice restaurant on site- Jacks Bight
Nice wildlife on the property (Iguanas, lizards, etc.)
Quiet (during the day)
Nice staff on site (they usually only help you if you're in a resort "participating" unit, but help most times anyway)
Located centrally near Sugar Bay and Sapphire Beach
Cons of the property-
Water has a stench
Far from Airport- at least 35 mins
MANY barking dogs next to the property as well as NOISY roosters (seems like ALL night and early morning) HARD to get a good nights sleep- NEED ear plugs for sure when staying here.
VERY VERY steep hills- No need to go to the gym- you work out just walking to get a cab or to and from your room. Leave the good shoes home- you will ruin them.
Speaking of ruining shoes, the property can use an asphalt upgrade. Horrible roads/walkways or lack thereof
Be careful as to what unit you stay in, you can be on the top of a hill in a top unit (great views,but HORRIBLE to get to- especially with luggage or after a day of being out).
Cab ONLY comes to the office, not to your unit building.
Property does need some updating. Looks old and dreary.
Otherwise, we enjoyed the privacy of where we stayed in Point Pleasant.
No one looking in on your unit.
Hard to believe this place is about 4 stars. Typical island life though.
St Thomas in general is VERY hilly with high terrain.
Taxi cabes seems to rip you off, but they all work together to some degree with the cost- PER person and if you have a bag (luggage) they charge for that too. The resort works with a few taxidrivers who live close to the resort and are there in 5-8 mins.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, situated on the hillside 15-acre preserve overlooking beautiful Water Bay, Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. 128 Independently but attractively designed villas make up our resort. With four room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and astonishing ocean views from private balconies. Guests indulge in on-resort recreation, including three pools with sundecks, nature trail, small and secluded Sugar Beach, and the waterfront Panga Restaurant. A second restaurant and spa will open soon. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Less than three miles away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.