We booked our stay through bookit.com. As we had never been to the USVI, we used maps to determine how close it was to some of the island's attractions. Tripadvisor reviews were largely favorable as well.
Pros: The resort has 3 pools, 2 restaurants, a fair amount of parking if you rent a car, on-site shuttle service to some local venues, on-site activities desk & supply store, WiFi, on-site kayak & snorkeling rentals, on-site sailing reservations & pick up, maid service every other day, beach towel exchange program at front desk, plenty of maintenance staff during working hours, night security, laundry area on-site, & a variety of rental choices with great views of Water Bay at most of the rental units. It is in close proximity to Sugar Bay, ferry to Cruz Bay, & the nightlife of Red Hook.
Cons: Like an earlier reviewer mentioned, one restaurant & pool was closed. Though we had a car, we heard another guest complain of not getting picked up at the local beach, Lindquist. The maid service is largely just a towel exchange program as we found she didn't clean the bath or sweep the tile floors unless we asked (which she didn't like). Our unit didn't have a safe at all & was the unit that was robbed only two weeks prior. The person manning the activities desk doesn't come on til 10am & even then is often busy with kayak rentals, so we had to wait over an hour to get service (messed up two of our mornings). The WiFi is only available at the reservations lobby, so we had to add a data plan so we could get online service in our room. We ended up researching/booking our activities ourselves. They do have a slow PC to print out airline boarding passes but it is NOT complimentary... at a rate of .50 per minute!
Tips: The units are all individually owned, so the best deals are through the owners directly. Try www.vrbo.com to locate available units. Each unit is stocked by the owner, so you may find some of the amenities you need or not. Also, the resort is quite large & rocky, so expect a lot of climbing/walking if you opt not to rent a car. And, though it's close to "town," it's not in walking distance. So, though the units all have kitchens, you'll have to pick up your supplies & food at a market. The only item they supply is toilet paper. The closest market is on Smith Bay Rd about a mile (past) north of the ferry.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellekarma is a Cliffside Villa located on the East End of St Thomas, USVI. We have Free Wi-Fi in our unit and feature a large 50' Wrap Around Deck! (Turtle watching is usually 10am and 3pm..just gaze off the deck and you will see them come to the surface). The unit has a 180degree view both inside and outside. We overlook Water Bay, StJohn, the BVI's including Tortola, Sandy Cay and Jost Van Dyke. We've got a fully equipped new kitchen with full size oven and Granite Countertops. Stainless steel appliances and bar stools make it a great place to socialize while preparing meals.We have on property 3 pools, an intimate sandy beach and a fun new waterside restaurant newly named "Pangas". You will enjoy the beautiful views, sailboat action, turtle watching and aquamarine clear waters featuring beautiful reefs. You can also snorkel along the resort edge and see sea stars and tropical fish! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.