“My new favorite place on St. Thomas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elysian Beach Resort

You added Elysian Beach Resort to your Saves list
Elysian Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Estate Nazareth | one mile from intersection of Route 32 & 322, 00082, St. Thomas   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East End
boston ma
“My new favorite place on St. Thomas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed at the Elysian over New Years and had a fantastic time. We rented a 3 bedroom, 4 bath, 4 balcony condo from the owner (VRBO #76523) which was so beautiful. The views were absolutely amazing. The condo had everything we needed and travelling with 5 20-somethings, we needed a lot! The beach was perfect - quiet and private. Both restaurants were great and the staff was so friendly - unlike most of the islanders. We had previously stayed at Secret Harbour and didn't think anything could match that experience but the Elysian surely did. It is now our favorite place to stay on the island. That being said, while we went out of our way to be friendly and polite, we found that most islanders we encountered were neither friendly nor all that helpful and some were just downright rude. If St. Thomas wants to continue to draw the tourist trade, they need an attitude adjustment!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

My wife and I took a belated honeymoon. After traveling for 14 hours we just wanted to get to our room and get some rest. We walked into the lobby where the clerk ignored us. We told her we had a reservation and we were given a blank stare. After 5 minutes she tells us we don't have a reservation and our room in being being renovated. After complaining to the manager we ending up at another Wyndham resort that also sucked. Can't say if the resort is nice or not, but I can say the staff provides the worst service I have ever experienced.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
bklyn new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

The weekend of November 6th I celebrated my 60th birthday in St. Thomas.I tried to use my RCI plan to reserve a room but there was a waiting list so I opted to rent a studio suite.I was very disappointed. The hotel experience was terrible I did not want to appear to be the ugly American so I tried to not complain too much. The room was small and the furniture and fixtures were outdate.Cats roamed the grounds and they were also seen in the restaurant sitting on top of the piano.

Our room had a leak and we had to push the beds to either side of the room to avoid getting wet. unfortunately the sisal rug between the beds was soaked Enough was finally enough and I complained to management. The line staff were indifferent and I had to speak with the manager. I must admit that she was very professional and after apologiz ing for the inconvenience she offered to refund my money. (Good news at last)refund my
money.

One week after returning home I was given a partial reimbursement.

Please take my advice and stay somewhere else

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
DRLARRYP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Had some concern after reading other reviews. I don't understand what people were so negative about. Had a week stay thru Wyndham and we were in M-304 with full kitchen, a Murphy bed and a great view from our balcony. Bed was comfy and kitchen was well supplied. Staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions. Beach was not large but we found it to be very nice and the pool was excellent, hot tub as well that we didn't use. The grounds were well maintained. Robert's restaurant on sight was very good but a bit pricey. Would strongly suggest renting a car off of Discount Car or Dependable as they were about $125 cheaper for the week. Driving on the left side was no big deal, just be careful and take your time. Please note that the resort is on a hill and upper building can be abit of a climb. If you have limited mobility you may want to consider a different place. Overall had a great time and will go back next year thru the timeshare exchange. Also note that we visited Bluebeards wyndham resort and it was in total disarray with pool closed and tennis court having grass and weeds. Glade we chose the Elysian. Not a 5* but a very nice clean 3*

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Despite the abundance of negative reviews about the Elysian we decided to give it a try, and had a great experience. Our room was very clean, nice furnishings, comfortable bed. The pool is gorgeous, and the beach is wonderful. By the way, there are no rocks! Just white sand and palm trees.

You are basically renting a condo when you stay here. It is not run like a hotel. The Elysian is a Wyndham Time Share property. They rent out the condos to non-owners when available. Daily room cleaning is extra. If you make the request they will drop off clean linens daily -- basically they will give you anything you want. Just have to make your own bed!

No problems with hot water or water pressure. Keep in mind you are in the Caribbean and with the combination of heat, humidity and salt air any type of metal rusts very quickly and mold builds up before your eyes. Yes, there was some rust around a few bathroom fixtures but not because of lack of cleanliness -- it is the environment.

The two onsite resteraunts are great. Robert's is a wonderful place, with great food and if you have Heather as your waitress you will be well taken care of. Ainsley's is a great casual place to have lunch -- the pizza is fantastic.

Be sure to book your excursions through New Horizons. We went on the full-day snorkle and sail and had an amazing day. Also went on the full-day BVI trip and saw the Baths on Vrgin Gorda. I highly recommed these two trips. We had a blast!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed during Oct. Off season. There was about a dozen on the beach and restaurant. Less around the pool. Our unit was 100 yards from beach less to pool and rest. Beach was not pristine but very quite. Some rocks on sand and in water. pool was very nice some floating plant pieces. Wind was mild but enough to blow loose items into pool.Iguana droppings on deck was a daily event. Part of the tropic feel. Grounds were very very well kept and nicely arranged plants all seamed healthy.
Had several issue with key cards. Staff suggested my cell was to blame. On each exchange with staff in office they were very friendly and helpful. With the exception of one staff I bothered only once, a young lady [under 30s] and by far the most attractive of the staff was more involved in a cell phone conversation I felt sorry I made her ask them to hold a moment. I was an interruption for her private call.
The hotel unit we reserved exceeded what we expected. It was small but larger them an average hotel more like a mini suite.
The shining star was their on location restaurant Roberts. We planed to dine around to a variety of restaurants. We only did so twice in our week stay. Both times were not as good of food quality as Roberts. The food served was above normal in taste and nicely displayed. Exquisite was our response to the taste after our sighs. Robin our daily dining server was an excellent waiter. He offered good suggestions on food and wine pairing.
Roberts decor is closer to fine casual then elegant. But each nite we dined open air 20ft from the beach.Who wants formal dining there.
Over all we did very little in this 4th visit to St Thomas except sleep eat and lay on the beach. It was great. We will use this property again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

The hotel itself is not in great condition, walking into our room was like walking into a swamp. The bedding was old and the mattress appears to be sinking slighly in the middle. Thank god we did not stay in the room much during our stay. The workers were very nice and helpful throughout our stay though. The area had a pretty decent beach to just relax and watch the water.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Elysian Beach Resort? Share your experiences!