“Amazing Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elysian Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Elysian Beach Resort to your Saves list
Elysian Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Estate Nazareth | one mile from intersection of Route 32 & 322, 00082, St. Thomas   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in East End
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Amazing Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We Stayed through timeshare at Elysian for our anniversary the week of July 18th! This resort was incredible. I was a little scared after reading some negative reviews but was 100% satisfied with our stay! We Loved Sangrias the on sight bar and grill! Lilly and Courtney were amazing! The room was impeccable. Some nights we went down to Sangrias and had our own little blast on the resort! We loved the pool and the small beach it sits on. We rented a kyak and found the coolest little cove. I definitely recommend Elysian! There is an energy fee but we were expecting fees. When you rent a condo you are always going to pay resort fees.

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We did a bit of research before coming here so we were prepared for things such as the $22 energy fee per night. We rented a car and felt that it was beneficial (getting groceries, shopping, etc.). I really enjoyed the views, beach, and clear water. The two restaurants were very nice as well. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just got back from 4 days at the Elysian, as part of our timeshare. My wife and I loved the property and the location. Just minutes from Red Hook and some of St Thomas' best beaches, the property is oceanside with great sand and calm water. We loved the restaurants on site, as well as the pool. The rooms were large and recently renovated. We would return here again in the future and think it would be perfect for couples or families.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have some view of the ocean, but the property sits on a hill so for those who do no...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I went on her birthday. We stayed 4 days 3 nights. The staff was great! They told us all about the island and great spots for entertainment and dinning, they also gave us maps, brochures and restaurant menus close by. The room was very quiet and clean. Make sure you head down to Sangrias bar! You’ll save on food, taxi and drinks. If you want your own personal liquor or wine tell the taxi you want to go to the local food store. As far as things to do Red hook fish tail has awesome food and bottomless mimosas. Catch a ferry to St. John! St. Thomas is definitely what you make it and we cannot wait to go back! Be friendly to everyone you meet and ask questions the locals are great and helpful.

Also I’d like to thank the staff, our flight was delayed and we passed check out time so the manager insisted that we wait in the lobby on the couch with a TV and a/c we we're so tired and comfortable we feel asleep lol

Hope you all enjoy your trip! We plan to return next year same resort, fun and weather.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beach it is beautiful in the morning and night
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

we stayed two weeks here and were pampered by the staff. the bar and restaurant crew were especially good. Todd and Bucky went out of their way to make us feel special. One of the check in staff gave me postage stamps out of her own purse to send a postcard. I highly recommend this hotel, the food was out of this world good. enjoy!

Room Tip: the rooms further from the beach have better views so either way works
York, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We reserved a unit through a private owner, rather than directly with Elysian. It was a smooth transaction and the unit was overall as described. I will say voices definitely carry in this resort, both within the unit itself, and from neighboring ones. We also were awaken nightly by some obnoxious birds that start their very loud chirping at 3 AM. Seriously...no joke. I understand that we were visiting in the off season of July, but this resort was almost too quiet for us. I was surprised that both the spa and fitness center have been closed for months. I got a great massage at Sugar Bay Resort instead, and had to workout just by running the grounds and steps at Elysian. Sugar Bay does have a fitness center, if you want to drive there and pay.
Hardly anyone was on the grounds at Elysian. The pool bar was never open. There are hills and steps everywhere, which we found to be true all over the island. This was bothersome for my mother who has a hip problem. I wouldn't recommend this place, or maybe anyplace in St. Thomas, to people who have difficulty getting around. We didn't have anyone available to help us unload our suitcases even. It took 2 of us to carry each one up the stairs. I'm glad we rented a car, and got used to driving on the left pretty quickly.
We did like the pool and hot tub. The iguanas were fun to watch. We also enjoyed the small beach on the grounds and snorkeled some there with our own equipment. Nobody seemed to be renting the things in the beach hut...no surprise. They weren't cheap, especially for just 1 hour.
Finally, we enjoyed to view here from our particular unit, and the location was good. We only ate at Sangria's, and had no complaints there. Overall, I just think for the price that I'd prefer a resort with just a little more going on and with more service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Forked River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Timeshare owner here for 14 years. Have seen vast improvement over the years. Visited this year early June. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Units have been remodeled since I was there in 2010. Really nice job. Property is well taken care of and beach is just perfect. This is a nice quiet resort and really never seems crowded. Restaurants on property are convenient and food is acceptable. I really preferred the restaurants that were their previously. Hope they figure out better menus. Yes the one restaurant is pricey, but Sangrias is reasonable and food is ok except the menu is the same for both lunch and dinner and consists of appetizers, salads and sandwiches along with pizza. Taxis are also a bit pricey if you don't rent a car, but I'm not driving on the opposite side of the road on very steep hills. There is no gift shop or anyplace on the property to purchase any snacks or small food items. They need to review this and perhaps rent some space to accomplish this. I do love this place and can't wait to return to paradise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the hill at the entrance require you go down many stairs to get to the beach, po...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Elysian Beach Resort? Share your experiences!