“first time snorkeling and they were great” 5 of 5 stars

St Thomas Mangrove Lagoon Kayak and Snorkel Tour
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in East End
Activities: Kayaking, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: The southern coast of St.Thomas is endowed with the attractive and protected Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary & Marine Preserve of exceptional natural resources and is filled with scenic contrasts: manglar islands, rocky cliffs, shallow clear waters with sea grass beds, salt ponds and panoramic ridge lines. These natural areas provide a rich nursery habitat for offshore coral reef fish and invertebrates, and homes to nesting egrets, pelicans, herons and terns.
“first time snorkeling and they were great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

My fiancee is into snorkeling which I've never done. I went along and we were lead by the women guides. Nice and knowledgeable as I'm sure the guys are. Jodie helped me understand the whole snorkeling deal and I'm glad I gave it a try as there were some great things to be seen. The tour started with a kayak tour and then snorkeling and a kayak tour back. They brought water and ice cold chocolate candy. I definitely recommend.

Visited April 2015

Union Lake, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“5 hour Tour well worth it! Do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

Out with Sean on a spectacular and very educational kayak tour. We hiked, snorkeled, and ate lunch at Cas Cay. Learned so much about the plant and animal life in the area, made the expirence that much more enjoyable. Sean was exceptional, lost the camera while snorkeling Sean retrieved it! Lunch with the Hernit crabs was tasty for all!

Visited February 2015
Peach Bottom, Pennsylvania
“3 hour kayak, hike , snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

This tour through the mangroves was great! Our family of 8 (6 twenty something kids & 50's parents) were joined by one other couple in a group. Easy paddle through mangrove, short hike, and easy snorkel for all of us who had never done it. Saw lots of beautiful fish and sea life. Our guides Maggie and Lindsay were knowledgeable about marine life and local history plus fun. Enjoyed talking with these two engaging young women who a very well educated and who have been all over the world. Our only issue was my husband's mustache-mask doesn't seal well on thick mustache's! Not the tours fault but know that this is an issue(divers are clean shaven!) Still this was the best excursion of the week! Other reviews have stated the $45 for the picture cd is a rip off. I totally disagree! These girls worked at getting great pictures for us and quite frankly you can spend that much on dinner and drinks somewhere and have nothing to show for it!

Visited January 2015
Pinecrest, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“Fun and interesting afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

We have never kayaked not been in the water in an actual Mangrove lagoon. The Guide from Eco tours, Jake was funny and extremely informative. The water was surprisingly clear ( we are from Florida and the mangroves are usually murky) The wildlife was abundant and the snorkeling fun. The hike was short but interesting. There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Hermit crabs scurrying. You can hear them moving about. Really cool. The end of "the hike" took us to a blow hole. The scenery and water are truly beautiful.

Visited December 2014
Issaquah, Washington
7 attraction reviews
“Mangroves are magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

I've done mangrove paddle tours in 2 locations besides this, and it never fails to be magical. I saw this on the 2.5 hour VI Ecotours trip to through the area, and I could easily have explored all day. In most of the lagoon the water was crystal clear, and on the bottom you could see a type of jellyfish that farms algae (super cool!). Mangroves are fascinating and beautiful plants, and this would be a great area to paddle around on your own if you had the chance (though the tour moves at a good pace and provides lots of interesting info, so that's an excellent option).

Visited December 2014