“a day in paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 23 Activities in East End
Activities: Wind-surfing, Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: A favorite of windsurfers, the beach has fine white sand and beautiful views of St. John and offshore cays, and offers excellent snorkeling at the reef to the east, near Pettyklip Point.
A TripAdvisor Member
“a day in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015 NEW

...Normally I take a nice nap while relaxing and sunbathing at a beach. But it was a little different at Sapphire beach.... the beach was so breathtaking I wasn't able to close my eyes because I didn't want to miss one beautiful moment. MUST SEE!!!!

Fitchburg, Wisconsin
25 attraction reviews
“Beautiful views great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015 NEW

This beach is not huge, but it is clean with very little seaweed and is walking distance from the marina. There's some coral out a ways, I think mostly dead, but some interesting fish can be seen. The beach is sometimes a bit crowded but usually not too bad. There are trees where shade is available if needed.

Visited March 2015
Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Good beach for East Side.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015 NEW

If you don't want to drive to Megan's this is on ok beach. There is a long area of white sand beach in front of the hotel and room and you can rent chairs. However the bottom is very rocky a good part of the beach so not good for swimming or walking/playing in the water except for about 40 feet stretch in front of the pavilion. Also the water gets deep/drops off very quickly about 10-15 feet out so not so good for non-swimmers. There is some decent snorkeling around the rocks and jetty near the pool.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
“Underrated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015 NEW

The view from Sapphire Beach is spectacular. The waters are beautiful and warmer than some of the northside beaches and there is food/concessions available without them taking over the beach like at some of the others. It has gotten sort of a bad reputation, which from what we were told had to do with the management of one of the properties on or near the beach filing bankruptcy and many of them being empty. I didn't see evidence of this with the properties actually on the beach. There were overgrown parts coming down the hill, however, so that may have been where that came into play.

The snorkeling is fair if you go out far enough, but it won't come to you like at Coki. Go to the far left side of the beach if you want a better chance of seeing something. Bring your own chairs. It's $10 to rent them if you aren't a resident.

When we went the first time, the waves were fairly high due to an incoming rain storm, so if you have small children, check the weather for the next few hours.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
21 attraction reviews
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015 NEW

We chose this beach because my sister wanted to go snorkeling. I don't think it was the best choice. We were only here on day on a cruise ship so we only could pick one and we had quite a large party.

After we got off the ship there were a lot of drivers around all quoting the same ridiculous price for a roundtrip but for us it would have been really expensive for 11 people at it was over a hundred dollars each way for the group, so we walked away and we started walking towards the town when a driver stopped us and offered us a discount.

Once we got to the beach, we were pretty unimpressed. I've been to a lot of beaches and my sister lives in Florida so we weren't swept away. We did not rent chairs but since we were one of the first to arrived just found a spot under a tree since there was some shaded areas.

The beach was not prestine when we arrived, since it was in early December, they might have been cleaning up the area, we saw garbage bags all around and the water wasn't that clear see through blue green we wanted. It was dark in color, cold and kind of rough. I think the garbage bags were for debris, they were doing some work on the area it appeared.

You could rent snorkel gear, kayaks and other water equipment for a price. There was food and vendors here as well as public bathroom we could all use. We didn't eat here.

I did not snorkel, but my sister said she did not see a whole lot of sealife.

All and all there wasn't our favorite spot. Some of our party did not get in the water. We stayed for a few hours and then left.

It wasn't a bad beach, it was still pretty. We were just looking for something a little bit more like paradise. It really just looked like a city beach. I probably won't go to this beach again when I return but try something else. I think we all wished we had made a different choice.

Visited December 2014