We have stayed here before when it was Sugar Bay Resort and Spa. We enjoyed it last may 2014. I do not know what happen since Dreams took over but the place needs to get organized and up the food with the service. Food was horrible, except for the grill by the pool, those ladies do a fantastic job! They should teach the other parts of the property what food service is. Another fav was the café on the second floor of the lobby, great morning drinks and pastry. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and always perfect. Now for evening food go offsite. Unless you goto Portofino when it opens the wait is ridiculous and the selection seems more cold food dishes then hot. We left disappointed. We did do one meal at the beach side dinner place *forget the name* The host he just catered to people in ways that was good for some but not for all. Dirty table and silverware, service was horrible food cold and terrible. My daughter and I left and went into red hook immediately. The biggest issues with this location is the food, you wanna goto AI go to another dreams resort. This place isn't ready to hold the brand name. The staff is stressed and fight in front of guests, that host guy ousted an employee in front of us for doing her job. The layout of the resort is great, room was clean, we had plenty shampoo in the rooms as we forgot ours. Check in was lovely nice champagne and my daughter got a smoothie and cookies. There are pros and cons here but idk it was a wild experience and we should of just rented a private residence for cheap and went all out on food. The other thing I didn't like was they give out day passes to the cruise ships. Half the people on the resort by the pool and beach weren't even resident customers we had to fight to find a place to sit and relax.
Would we come back - NO! By all means I am not a complainer but it was a non relaxing vacation. And honestly a lot of people as we spoke pool bar side - had the same complaints. One thing I wanna say is keep Kendall for entertainment. I was so happy to see her again as well as my daughter. She has it right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, you can enjoy amenities including gorgeous inter-connecting pools, an award-winning spa, and private balconies! This St. Thomas resort is located just 15 minutes from the famous Mahogany Run Golf Course. Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is located on a secluded white beach with breathtaking, panoramic ocean, bay, and mountain views. The Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is the perfect destination for your next St. Thomas vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Dreams Sugar Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort St Thomas
- Wyndham Hotel St Thomas
- Wyndham St Thomas
- Wyndham East End
- East End Wyndham
- Wyndham Sugar Bay St Thomas
- Dreams Sugar Bay St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands