I read the reviews and was a little worried but We were looking for an all inclusive having two teenagers. I actually brought beach towels after reading they may not have them! (never used) .
I think this resort is perfect for older kids (12 +) because it's safe for them to take off and explore and there's all kinds of things for them to take off to .
There is a shuttle from the lobby to the beach but we never used it. There is 100 stairs +/-, but they were always easy going down :). After all the food we were eating we wanted to take them up!
All I can say is we were ALL happy there!
The food was good. There is an all you can eat buffet with an omelette, pancake,waffle made to order stations, fresh fruit, pastries, and so much more. The waitresses were loves who always had my coffee cup filled. Then, there is a cafe on the second floor of the lobby with cookies, croissants , carrot cake, chocolate cake, cheese cake and island fruit cake. They also serve espresso drinks and have bottled water. After breakfast we would go up and pick our snacks for the room at night. There are three pools, one with a pool bar, another with volley ball and a basket ball hoop. The beach is small but it's large enough to handle the guests. It has coral at one end and is sandy at the other .Being all inclusive, there are kayaks, paddle boards and snorkeling gear. The snorkeling is great and we went every day!
There is also an all you can eat lunch buffet and a made to order grill place cooking up burgers, chicken, fish and wraps. Next to that is another bar. While your sitting around the pool or on the beach, waitresses come around and get your drink orders. There is also a pool table in the "grotto" under the waterfall. It's in tough shape but it is out side and the kids didn't care. At night there is a French restaurant- Over 12 ONLY and proper dress required. There is also Japanese and an Italian restaurant, all by the lobby. By the beach is The seaside grill that has steak,chicken and fish. We rented a car thinking we would go to Saint Johns for a day on the ferry or go to other beaches ( I was worried about the beach from reading other reviews) we only went out once to go zip lining and stopped at Magans Bay while in the area. We couldn't wait to go back to our private little paradise!
There were four of us in the room and it was large enough with a separate wash sink out side the large bathroom. The shower had a seat in it and lots of room. Our room was always clean and we always had towels, in our room and at the beach!
Our son got a bug and when I asked them to bring up some more cokes ,they also brought ice and were so nice asking if there was any thing else he needed.
Christian who manages the beach,pool, restaurants area is the best and is always on the move making sure every one is happy.
My husband and I are 50 ish and our kids are in their teens. If you are high maintenance , there is a Ritz Carlton, this isn't a place for high maintenance people. It is a place for laid back, easy going people who appreciate having every thing you really need in the Caribbean- pool, beach, food,drinks and a gorgeous view with great breezes! I have been to several Islands and this hotel is on par with the others we have stayed at. This was our first all inclusive ( other than Disney ) and we were not disappointed . Also, there is something going on in the pool area every night, bands, karaoke and carnival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, you can enjoy amenities including gorgeous inter-connecting pools, an award-winning spa, and private balconies! This St. Thomas resort is located just 15 minutes from the famous Mahogany Run Golf Course. Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is located on a secluded white beach with breathtaking, panoramic ocean, bay, and mountain views. The Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is the perfect destination for your next St. Thomas vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Dreams Sugar Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort St Thomas
- Wyndham Hotel St Thomas
- Wyndham St Thomas
- Wyndham East End
- East End Wyndham
- Wyndham Sugar Bay St Thomas
- Dreams Sugar Bay St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands