We just got back from Sugar Bay last Friday. There were 3 of us girls just looking to relax, use the spa and sit by the pool. The reason we did not have a bad experience was that we were determine to have a great time.
The wait staff at almost every meal was short with us. We were afraid to ask for things like ketchup or a sharp knife as even bringing water to us seemed like a chore. It really seem that they were under staffed and cut way back on hours as it was their slow time.
Our room was very standard and dirty. There was mold everywhere in the shower and on the deck. When the maid came in. She rinsed out our drinking glasses, wiped them off and then presented them as clean.
When we wanted to go places like the beach, it was very hard to get a straight answer on the cheapest/fastest way. They insisted we take taxis at $10 each, but the Safari got us most places for $1.
The restaurant situation was crazy. They have 5 restaurants but only one is open at any time. One night they put a row of trees down the middle of the Manor House and called it 2 restaurants. When we asked about what the table next to us (literally an arm's reach away) we were told we couldn't order it as it was for the other restaurant.
They also advertised a swim up bar which was never open in the 5 days we were there, but not sure if I would of sat at it as there was mold all over it.
The physical state of the Island was beautiful. The water was crystal clear, great weather and white sandy which was why we went. We will probably stay at St. John's next time as many locals told us it was a better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, you can enjoy amenities including gorgeous inter-connecting pools, an award-winning spa, and private balconies! This St. Thomas resort is located just 15 minutes from the famous Mahogany Run Golf Course. Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is located on a secluded white beach with breathtaking, panoramic ocean, bay, and mountain views. The Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is the perfect destination for your next St. Thomas vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sugar Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort St Thomas
- Wyndham Hotel St Thomas
- Wyndham St Thomas
- Wyndham East End
- East End Wyndham
- Wyndham Sugar Bay St Thomas
- Sugar Bay Resort & Spa St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands