My husband and I spent a week in April at Sugar Bay. We were impressed with the colorful lobby when we first entered the resort and enjoyed the welcome punch. The pool and beach area were beautiful and it was never hard to find a spot to sit. The beach is fairly small and the water is rocky so water shoes are a must. We were able to see many fish while snorkeling right at the beach. While in St. Thomas, we spent a morning in Charlotte Amalie, took the ferry to St. John where we hiked the reef bay trail and snorkeled at Trunk Bay, and also took the Bad Kitty day trip to visit the British Virgin Islands. It was fun to be able to take all of these side trips while staying at Sugar Bay. We also enjoyed the hotel's activities and participated in bingo, mini golf, iguana feeding and games. There were not many activities/entertainment at night like some other all inclusives. We had a great ocean view room and overall the room was very quiet and spacious. The tub was somewhat rusty and could use some updating, but overall the room was nice. The food was average for an all inclusive. We were a little disappointed with the number of restaurant choices since there was really only one option for breakfast each day, one option for lunch, and two options for dinner each night. Due to the limited options there were also a couple of times when we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated (mostly dinner). We enjoyed the drinks and tried a variety of different ones.
Overall, we had a great time at Sugar Bay and in the Virgin Islands. The hotel could use some updating and refurbishment to make it top notch, but we still had a wonderful vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, you can enjoy amenities including gorgeous inter-connecting pools, an award-winning spa, and private balconies! This St. Thomas resort is located just 15 minutes from the famous Mahogany Run Golf Course. Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is located on a secluded white beach with breathtaking, panoramic ocean, bay, and mountain views. The Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is the perfect destination for your next St. Thomas vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sugar Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort St Thomas
- Wyndham Hotel St Thomas
- Wyndham St Thomas
- Wyndham East End
- East End Wyndham
- Wyndham Sugar Bay St Thomas
- Sugar Bay Resort & Spa St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands