We stayed All Inclusive the first week of November and couldn't have been more pleased. Yes, the hotel is a little "dated", but if you are looking to relax and want to be away from tourists, this is the place to go. Airport Taxis were right there when we got off the plane and were swiftly taken to the other side of the island. No problems. It cost $30 with tip. We even ventured out and took the $1.00 safari bus to see what the country route and the town route areas were like in the daytime, and we were VERY pleased to be on the East End. The resort shuttle will take you to the road to catch the Safari. Make sure it's the $1.00 one you jump on. They all look the same, so it's an adventure!! They make a figure 8 through the "country" and then to"town" with the split at KMart.
Some of the other well advertised hotels were in a what I would consider a seedy part of town. We saw maybe 4 cats on the property that mainly stayed lounging in a courtyard, the iguanas hung around the hot tub and pond area and did manage to stroll by the pool once in a while. They don't bother you!! It's the islands people!! The service we received from everyone was great. From the front desk, to Caribe Marketplace at 9pm, which was open when we got in from the airport and were able to have a grilled sandwich and wine, to Breakfast omelets, to coffee, to lunch and dinner...and, YES...Ross and Claribel at the bars! They were to best servers ever!! Spirited and friendly and made you feel welcome. The pool areas were immaculate and the beach is small, but relax enjoy yourself and you will not regret it. We sprayed ourselves for sand fleas and never got bit once. Didn't hear anyone complaining about that although we were careful and didn't go out into the sand at night. The shuttles on the grounds were prompt and remember to tip just a little. Even if you paid all inclusive...these folks work hard. Our room was cleaned daily and although it had an older TV and dressers in it, we didn't come to an island to watch TV!! Bed was very comfortable. Our fridge had cold water in it daily and always fresh towels were brought in. Service was Very mindful of us going in and out and our room was always cleaned. We were upgraded to a "Green Room" without even asking. Carnival night was a hoot!! Vendors came in to sell a few wares and Star Jewelers were the best to deal with!! So...If you want the touristy cruise ship lifestyle...stay in town...if you want peace and quiet..stay in the "country" at Sugar Bay! We would definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel
- Wyndham Sugar Bay
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort Spa
- Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort St Thomas
- Wyndham Hotel St Thomas
- Wyndham St Thomas
- Wyndham East End
- East End Wyndham
- Sugar Bay Resort & Spa St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, you can enjoy amenities including gorgeous inter-connecting pools, an award-winning spa, and private balconies! This St. Thomas resort is located just 15 minutes from the famous Mahogany Run Golf Course. Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is located on a secluded white beach with breathtaking, panoramic ocean, bay, and mountain views. The Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is the perfect destination for your next St. Thomas vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sugar Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.