“Beautiful boutique resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Magens Bay
BELLINGHAM
“Beautiful boutique resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We've been staying at Magens Pt Resort for 2 weeks, and have been having a great time. Everyone is friendly and helpful. We were here as Tropical Storm Isaac came through, and the day before the storm we received info on the storm, what to do, who to contact, plus a gallon of drinking water in case the power went out (it didn't). We've been having a great stay, and I just wanted to post this while we're still here. Thank you, Mike and Mercedes, for everything!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our recent five night stay at Magens Point Resort. The people were very nice, upgrading us (without request) from a studio with inland view to a one bedroom with a pretty good view of Magens Bay. The place however is showing its age. We had maintenance in twice in the first two days, first when we found the bathroom sink was completely stoppered up (no lift mechanism), and then to replace a broken shower rod (most likely the original from many years ago) the next day. We scrounged for ice from the bar and from the guy cleaning the pool one morning, since the ice makers were out of order during our stay. The layout of the resort buildings is pretty strange, as we were one floor up from the ground but had 42 steps up and down each way to get to our room. This place tries really hard, but we will be looking for another place to stay if we ever return to St. Thomas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tomc0523
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I just returned from an amazing vacation in USVI. We stayed at Megans Point Resort, which is on the quiet side of the island. I cannot wait to return. The staff was friendly and responsive to all of our requests. Our room was gorgeous and clean. There was a breathtaking view of Megans Bay Beach right from our balcony and the sunsets at night could make you cry. Most of all, the people were so warm and welcoming that I can't wait to return next year and visit my new friends. I should mention that they have just finished renovating most of the rooms and are building a whole new spa and wellness area. Any negative reviews that you've read are probably outdated. I'm very excited to see Megans Point Resort once they finish all the updates!

Room Tip: Rent a car. The taxi fares will add up super quickly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My daughter and I were there last week, and I agree with Lisa B. It was our first visit to St. Thomas, but it won't be our last. Beautiful view from our balcony, clean comfortable rooms and grounds, friendly, helpful staff (Viola, Tom, Nick, etc.) good food and drinks! Tom, the Activities Director planned local events for the guests: musical entertainment poolside, dinner at Brooks (Delicious!), a bbq on Magens Bay, to name a few. Viola in Member Services consistently checked with guests to make sure that they were okay. We didn't rent a car, so we took taxis wherever we wanted to go. The cab drivers were friendly and the prices were reasonable (though they charge per person). We even took a day trip by ferry over to St. John, which is another beautiful island. The only down side (for lack of a better phrase) was that we were on the lush, north side of the island, away from "public" transportation. All in all, we had a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I went with my family and this resort serves both, family and intimate vacation. The staff was very kind, friendly and very accomodating, compared to other "upscale" hotels we have visited. The room had a magnificent view, very clean,comfortable and very unique. Tha A/C and fan combination is heavenly. Beds were extremely comfortable and ahh, the hot water was not an issue, which ussually becomes an issue on these islands. The minor renovations goimg on did not intervene at all with our stay. To the contrary, there up to a fine remodeling and improvements. Yes, it is excellent and they are working to make it better!!The staff have daily activities to make your stay fun and refreshing. The owners are awesome people and are there to asist you. The best is the peace and quiet and beautifull views all around the hotel. I fully recommend it!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa B
road town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Let me from the outset say that I hadn't great expectations regarding this hotel and its amenities....this mindset having been shaped by visits to quite a few hotels of supposedly similar rating in St Thomas over the past thirty years.

i was pleasantly surprised.

My stay was merely an overnight one, but every interface i had with the property and staff during my short visit proved to be overwhelmingly positive: in fact, in my opinion, friendliness and courtesies extended to me exceeded in many cases, that which i experienced in the past at other hotels deemed more 'upscale'. good job there.

my room was scrupulously clean, spacious and pleasingly unique in its design execution. the bed was a dream....and the air conditioning flawlessly effective.

i fully recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dapenn
SF Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Some of these reviews must have pictures from ages ago...

The place is a tad dated, but nice. It is not a four or five star resort, it is a solid three star resort. I really pretty much echo everything the last reviewer said, except we really didn't eat at the restaurant.

Honestly, I'd choose some place else next time because I really like to be right on the water, but other than that I would return for relative value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#3 of 22 in St. Thomas
4.5 of 5 stars 568 reviews

Been to Magens Point Resort? Share your experiences!