“Great Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Magens Bay
Bronx, New York
“Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My daughter and I were there last week, and I agree with Lisa B. It was our first visit to St. Thomas, but it won't be our last. Beautiful view from our balcony, clean comfortable rooms and grounds, friendly, helpful staff (Viola, Tom, Nick, etc.) good food and drinks! Tom, the Activities Director planned local events for the guests: musical entertainment poolside, dinner at Brooks (Delicious!), a bbq on Magens Bay, to name a few. Viola in Member Services consistently checked with guests to make sure that they were okay. We didn't rent a car, so we took taxis wherever we wanted to go. The cab drivers were friendly and the prices were reasonable (though they charge per person). We even took a day trip by ferry over to St. John, which is another beautiful island. The only down side (for lack of a better phrase) was that we were on the lush, north side of the island, away from "public" transportation. All in all, we had a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I went with my family and this resort serves both, family and intimate vacation. The staff was very kind, friendly and very accomodating, compared to other "upscale" hotels we have visited. The room had a magnificent view, very clean,comfortable and very unique. Tha A/C and fan combination is heavenly. Beds were extremely comfortable and ahh, the hot water was not an issue, which ussually becomes an issue on these islands. The minor renovations goimg on did not intervene at all with our stay. To the contrary, there up to a fine remodeling and improvements. Yes, it is excellent and they are working to make it better!!The staff have daily activities to make your stay fun and refreshing. The owners are awesome people and are there to asist you. The best is the peace and quiet and beautifull views all around the hotel. I fully recommend it!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
road town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Let me from the outset say that I hadn't great expectations regarding this hotel and its amenities....this mindset having been shaped by visits to quite a few hotels of supposedly similar rating in St Thomas over the past thirty years.

i was pleasantly surprised.

My stay was merely an overnight one, but every interface i had with the property and staff during my short visit proved to be overwhelmingly positive: in fact, in my opinion, friendliness and courtesies extended to me exceeded in many cases, that which i experienced in the past at other hotels deemed more 'upscale'. good job there.

my room was scrupulously clean, spacious and pleasingly unique in its design execution. the bed was a dream....and the air conditioning flawlessly effective.

i fully recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
SF Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Some of these reviews must have pictures from ages ago...

The place is a tad dated, but nice. It is not a four or five star resort, it is a solid three star resort. I really pretty much echo everything the last reviewer said, except we really didn't eat at the restaurant.

Honestly, I'd choose some place else next time because I really like to be right on the water, but other than that I would return for relative value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Satellite Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was really worried after reading some of the reviews - well, we were so pleasantly surprised! We did stay here as a time share exchange - and typically are not used to having daily housekeeping - that was lovely. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating from the front desk to the maintenance staff. The restaurant served around the poolside and outdoor garden... the food was very good, and food and drinks were well priced compared to the area. They had live music several nights that was great. We had a great view from our room - and really appreciated being on the "quiet side" of the island w a view of Magen's Bay. The resort is well situated IF you have a car - which we did have. Our unit was a little dated - but very clean. The bed was very comfortable. We had a great view. It does look like there is some updating/construction going on in some areas - but it was fairly discreet. We used the in-room safe for our valuables - and never felt like anything was at risk. The pool and pool area was beautiful with fantastic sunset views. Magans beach is really the most beautiful in St Thomas. Lots of things to do - a short drive away. We do recommend you rent a car. What we liked least - the AC unit was noisy but functioned well. You do have to keep food/dishes cleaned up. We did notice ants if we left food out - but ants were on the beaches and in St John's when we stayed there 4 nights prior as well.

Room Tip: There are alot of stairs to some of the units - and some have stairs inside - so be sure to ask/chec...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I am a airline employee so I get to fly often and stay in hotels, but when I go to STT there is only one place I stay at and that is here in Magens Point Resort. Its location is great since its a 5 minute walk to Magens beach and 10 minute drive basically to everywhere in the island. Rooms are big and very clean with great balcony view to the bay. The resort has an amazing pool with a jacuzzi and the restaurant is great and so is the bar and its staff. It even has its own convinience store. Its owner Meche was very helpfull as to tell me where to eat, drink, and shop around the island. I highly recomend it to anyone visiting STT.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I wrote a review a while back about Magens Bay. We were robbed. Nothing has changed. People still getting robbed. If you have any valuable, take them to a safe depost at a bank, don't even use the resorts safe. I can tell you, most every room gets searched. When do they rob you you?... your first night, they have a celebration at the pool, this is when they get in your room, with a screwdriver, no key needed, as doors open outward, which means the latch is exposed. Anyone can get in. Some things never change. I was there in 2000 when we were robbed.

Room Tip: Keep any valuables at a loca banks safe deposit, not in room, not in resorts safe. Trust me, you wil...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Magens Point Resort? Share your experiences!