“Staff at Resort” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Staff at Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Frenchman's Cove is a wonderful resort.. highly recommend it. I want to personally share our experience w/ two members of their staff: Shania and Jahmal to the GM, Jean Paul.

My husband needed medication while we were there for a medical issue that came up unexpectedly. We needed their assistance in calling our doctors in the states, and also finding a pharmacy open late in the evening on St Thomas. Shania offered to allow me to use her cell phone as I did not have mine w/ me...it got wet and was damaged. Jahmal offered to assist me in finding directions to the pharmacy, and if his supervisor would permit, would have ridden w/ me to the pharmacy as I was concerned about driving at night on the left side in unfamiliar territory. We did not need him to do that and so he didn't, but just the fact that he offered w/ supervisory permission, is amazing to me. He and Shania went completely out of their way. The hotel is beautiful, the resort the same. But the staff exceeded our expectations, including the drivers who so kindly shuttle you back and forth between the Cove and the Reef. If you have an opportunity to stay w/ Marriott in St Thomas.. do so!!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

i have been a Marriott Time Share owner since 2004 and have always loved the resorts we have stayed at. The Frenchman's Cove is by my favorite resort that my family has stayed out. Every room has a stunning view of the bay and of downtown Charlotte Amalie,. the amenities were top notch with a wonderful selection of restaurants to choose from between the Marriott hotel up the hill, to the quaint but very satisfying Sunset Cove on the property. The Activity center is always having events for everyone form children to grownups. The Beach area is hidden and well stocked with free chairs and umbrellas with the very cool floating Mats out in the water you can swim to and layout on to work on your tan. The snorkeling right at the resort was awesome with a neat little coral reef right there. with the water taxi picking you up right at the dock and with the Activity center helping you book any excursion you want , you never have to leave the resort to book any trip. The entire Staff was courteous and when we did have issues , they responded in a quick and efficient manner. The 2 beedrom suite we had had plenty of open space and room, with a great patio and a gorgeous huge picture window , you see the ocean from every room in the suite.

Bellville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have stayed at the Frenchman's Cove twice. Once for our anniversary and again the year after (in 2014). The rooms are enormous and have a full kitchen. The entertainment in the evenings was great. The staff there was always wonderful, they let us know some great snorkeling spots. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I really enjoyed our time at Frenchman's Cove. Our room was in the Virgin Gorda building and had great views of the beach. We were there during the off-season, so it didn't seem to crowded - not sure how it is during the busy season. There was plenty of covered parking. The pool is on the small side, but still fun. We had a two bedroom unit with 5 people staying in it. The staff was very friendly. The concierge was quite helpful and attentive, gave us lots of tips on places to visit and eat. The beach is small, but located in a calm cove so the water was always very calm. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Corporate Customer Care at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your review, Chris! We are glad your visit to the resort was accommodated by a ocean view villa, perfect for five, and a close location to local attractions in Charlotte Amalie. We look forward to having you for another relaxing getaway again at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove!
Seaford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our 2nd trip to the Cove. We are owners in Aruba, so we are very familiar with the vacation village experience. Doing laundry, light housekeeping, preparing our breakfast and lunch in the villa, and doing some grocery shopping are no big deal to us. We traveled with our two grown children, but this place is wonderful for little ones too. While Aruba is a more upscale place, St Thomas has lots to offer. First off, St Thomas is beautiful and tourist friendly. No nightlife to speak of, but that's ok. After a day of swimming, snorkeling, walking, and shopping we were exhausted. We rented a car which is a must if you want to see all the hidden spots around this tropical paradise. The roads are curvy and you drive on the left. That's make things interesting! The Marriott map was not too helpful so bring your own or GPS> The Cove is quite nice, comfortable and friendly. Again, very pricey for food and drink. We had no trouble finding a shady spot near the pool and could easily get to our beach, and the Reef's pool was either a walk or shuttle away. Great restaurants are everywhere, and Toni was most helpful in giving recommendations. Snorkeling is a must, too. Best of all is to take a sail or ferry to St John's. Do see Megan's Bay and Hull beach. Coki Beach is a bit too crowded for me. Explore all the different areas. Don't forget the sunscreen!

Room Tip: High floors give a great view but be prepared to hike to the pool! I didn't mind, but some peop...
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Marriott's Frenchman's Cove! We are pleased you and your family spent time exploring the island's attractions and relaxing in your well-appointed villa during your time in St. Thomas. We look forward to having you all on island time again at Frenchman's Cove!
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a native Virgin Islander, I am privileged to live where many come to vacation. I saw Frenchman's Cove as it was being constructed and now after, as it stands as an extension of the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Resort. Before my recent stay, I never had the opportunity to see what it had to offer. This summer, I decided to stay home and enjoy my vacation club membership at the Cove. I was not disappointed!!!!! I was blown away by the ocean view from my villa. Everything exceeded my imagination--from the villa to the activities. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed it all! I had the toughest time getting my kids to leave. I'm planning our next staycation as we speak!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors give better views.
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Emani! We are delighted to know you decided to stay at your native island this year and enjoy Marriott's Frenchman's Cove and its new renovations. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay-cation again at Frenchman's Cove!
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Frenchman's Cove! Staff was great, and everything was clean and well maintained. The rooms were great, with a wonderful view of the harbor. We enjoyed taking the golf cart over to the hotel and playing on the beach at Frenchman's Reef. The pool had a slide that the kids loved! They also loved swimming

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Marriott's Frenchman's Cove! We are pleased to know your villa was well-appointed with a lovely view of the harbor and the family had a great time poolside at the resort and enjoying the amenities at the adjacent Frenchman's Reef. We hope to see you all again soon during your next visit to Charlotte Amalie!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte Amalie
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast
4.0 of 5 stars 971 reviews

Been to Marriott's Frenchman's Cove? Share your experiences!