“Night Kayak.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
“Night Kayak.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Night kayaking we such a unique experience. I loved it! Our tour guide Dylan was funny and very knowledgeable. We were able too see turtles, sting rays, and very large fish. I highly recommend doing a night kayak trip. Definitely is one of a kind.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Levittown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great experience with the night kayak: the adventure center was easy to deal with and the tour guides were very friendly and knowledgeable. Tour v uides, Nate, Austin, and Stitch were able to spot underwater wildlife, and kept everyone together. This activity is kid friendly too. I was a bit nervouse bringing my little ones, but the adventure was totally safe. The tour guides even towed my wife and 4 year old when they lost there way on the kayak. My kids had a great time, so I had a great time.

Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was the guest of my Best Friends for a week of peace and quiet. It proved to be just that. We spent most of our time at the Cove either by the pool, ocean, or playing games throughout the day. The accommodations were wonderful and really liked the layout of the room with the bedrooms on opposite sides and each with their own bathroom. The food at the resort was good and the happy hour was a hit with the 2 for 1 drinks. We were lucky enough to have a condo right across from the pool and ocean access. A very enjoyable trip. The staff was very helpful, friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
AL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Marriott Frenchman's Cove is one of the most beautiful properties on the island. It is a fantastic family luxury get-away. The staff was very friendly. The rooms are well appointed, facilities are gorgeous. The workout facility is first class and overlooks the bay with a fantastic view. The view from our room balcony back toward Charlotte Amalie was simply breathtaking! Snorkeling right off the beach is outstanding. The beach is small but clean and has some shade. The iguanas roam all over the pool and beach area and are fun to see. Kids club and activities are first class. Great place for them to get out of the sun and have fun! The concierge's does a great job with recommendations for restaurants and reservations. We loved this place and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Corporate Customer Care at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your review of Marriott's Frenchman's Cove, Kate! We are pleased snorkeling on the beach and hanging out with the iguanas poolside made for a fun and beautiful stay in Charlotte Amalie. We look forward to having you all again at Frenchman's Cove!
Monmouth, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great home base to chill out at the pool or beach or to explore the surround islands from, will be back! Rent a jeep and drive the amazing snorkel beaches in St John, charter a boat to snorkel the BVI, hop a seaplane to St Croix. Good food, friendly locals, and easy to get to from PHL

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
We appreciate your five-star review of Marriott's Frenchman's Cove. Whether relaxing at the resort or partaking in some water activities beach side, we are pleased to hear the resort is the perfect spot for a trip to the Virgin Islands. We look forward to having you again at Frenchman's Cove!
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are great, housekeeping and maintenance staff greeted each time very friendly. Lobby staff, wait staff, courtesy van drivers except for two all very rude and unfriendly.very out of the norm for a Marriott, but I would not return for that very reason.

Room Tip: High floor for the view
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Corporate Customer Care at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review of Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove. We are sorry to hear about your experiences with two unpleasant associates during your time at the resort. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the resort management team for future training. We hope to see you again so we can truly exceed your expectations at Frenchman’s Cove!
Oyster Bay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family of four arrived on Saturday and our villa was ready which was a great start to our vacation. We rented a two bedroom suite and it is wonderful. Well appointed, well situated and simply lovely. Although the beach is somewhat small, my teenagers (13 and 15) like that it is in a cove. The challenge is that nothing is within walking distance (except for the Marriott Reef, more about that later) and the water sports are non existent on the property. Not a complaint, just a comment. We went on the Cat for a half day snorkeling adventure. It was very expensive ($75 each), and I couldn't imagine I would say this, but worth the money. This coming from someone who had never snorkeled before, can't swim and gets sea sick! So why would I do that to myself? There is a first for everything! I think the person at the vacation adventure desk over promised a bit in that he said I wouldn't feel the boat move and it was actually very bumpy out there. I had a few questionable moments, but I was okay - thankfully! The crew was fantastic!

One thing we didn't anticipate are the prices. A bottle of water is $2.75 (liter is $4). I forgot insect repellent - which is a must - and the spray without DEET is $19.50. My bad for leaving it at home, but for essentials I think the Marriott should not inflate the prices so much.

The Sunset Cove restaurant is terrific and if you are fortunate enough to have Kraige as your server, you will enjoy your meal even more. He is warm, attentive, personable. My son and I didn't sit in his section yesterday for lunch and we were disappointed!

Know that you have to take a taxi to get anywhere and the price is per person. That has given us pause as want to go to other beaches. We are considering renting a car, but it doesn't seem we will save anything.

Last comment for now is that we have gone to the Marriott Reef and the Morning Star beach there is beautiful so I would recommend it.The pool is beautiful as well as is the property itself. On Sunday we had lunch and had a terrible experience. Our server was more interested in leaving for the day - she was aloof, never checked on us, and pointed to one of her coworkers to give us the check and she left. I've never NOT left a tip, but that is what I did that time and I'm not proud of it. We thought we would try again yesterday and there were servers standing around and we sat down and after 6 or 7 minutes without anyone coming over with water, menus, anything, we decided to walk back to the Cove. As we were leaving, I noticed a number of people, who arrived before us, sitting without water, no menus...that is not the Marriott way.

Oh - I wish I had packed a bag filled with food. Delta charges $25 for checked bags and that's why I didn't. Spending $25 and bringing cereal, snacks, etc. is well worth it considering what you will pay for the same here.

As we have more adventures, I'll post.

Room Tip: A villa near the amenities is great. We are on the second floor and it is perfect.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Lisa! We are happy you and your family had a great time trying something new with your snorkeling adventure. Thanks for the shout out to Kraige! We look forward to having you for another beautiful island adventure at Marriott's Frenchman's Cove!

Been to Marriott's Frenchman's Cove? Share your experiences!