“Night Kayak” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Night Kayak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the night kayak ride that we booked at the Adventure Center while we stayed at the Cove. We saw turtles, sting rays, tarpon and a submerged cannon. The kayaks were easy to maneuver and the LED lights allowed us to see things at night, like tarpon, that we didn't normally see during the day while snorkeling. Will and Clara were excellent guides and made it a fun evening while giving us a lot of information about the marine life.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I can't believe I enjoyed myself as much as I did. I love Hawaii, but despise the travel from the East Coast to Hawaii. Laying on the beaches and at the pool was just as splendid as being in Hawaii without the flight cost or jet lag. While food on the island is expensive, you make up for it in lower flight cost. Driving on the left was way easier than I thought it would be. It helps that the cars are regular US right hand drive so it feels familiar. Boy, is it hilly and curves at the top of the hill slow most tourists. We shopped at Food Center in Red Hook, higher quality and cleaner. You could buy lobster her and fix it yourself more reasonably.
found Cost You Less by accident and we'll try them next year fro meat and grocery.
Oh yeah, Frenchman's Cove. I'd like to go back but they designed the elevator system poorly only one set per building and they should have tow since it is the way you get from the pool to upper level. You'll read about it elsewhere.

Room Tip: Closer to pool is preferable so you're not waiting for elevator all the time
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We are wrapping up our first week here and are very pleased. The view is beautiful, the beach and pool lovely, great gym, helpful staff. We have yet to walk by a staff member who did not say hello or give some other greeting. We took advantage of the grocery delivery which is pricey, but then all food here is. I am very pleased with the quality and the service associated with the grocery delivery. This is a hilly area and getting in our daily walk takes some planning and lots of going up and down stairs but is delightful.
Please note, the negative reviews from this property are mostly 2-3 years old. Newer reviews are generally far more favorable. We plan to return.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Night Kayak trip was one of the highlights of the week. The Adventure Center was great in their flexibility for handling a group of 8 and us moving our times around. Melissa and Kelcie were great guides. They were both marine biology students and we all learned alot during the tour.

Room Tip: St. Johns tower has great views
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have thought about doing the night kayaks for a long time and finally got the chance last night. The Adventure Center was super helpful and my guides, Suki and Nate, knew a ton about the reef and the surrounding area. It was so much fun! I can't wait to bring my family on night kayaks when then come to St. Thomas next.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

While having some friends visit from the states and looking for things to do, I found out about the Night kayaking from the Adventure Center. At first was not sure how much I was going to see, but when I got down there I saw that kayaks had clear bottoms and lights on them so you could see right through the bottom of the boat. the guides we had, Suki and Nate, were very knowledgeable about the sea life and the island. During are kayak we saw lots of different fish, sea turtles, and lots southern sting rays. It was amazing to watch the fish follow us along on the trip.I had a lot of fun and would recommend it to everyone. The weather was also wonderful and seen all the stars out too was great.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nate and Suki to say the least were super energetic and fun! It was an amazing time with them helping us from start to end. They showed us all the different sea life in the area along with the history of the area. I couldn't believe how many turtles, fish, and sting rays we saw! Nate and Suki pointed out tons of sea life and things on the shorew we didn't see on our own either. The lights on the kayaks with the clear bottoms showed us the entire floor of the ocean. Was an experience I would recommend to anyone who enjoys the water. Will definitly do it next time I'm in town again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott's Frenchman's Cove? Share your experiences!