Great home away from home
We are owners at this Marriott Vacation Club property and stayed the last week of Nov. The Location, property and villas are all great. Do not confuse this with Frenchman’s Reef the Marriott Hotel/Resort next door. Many of the more negative reviews for the Cove I think are for the Reef as we’ve stayed over there a few times and have separate reviews.
The villas are either 2 or 3 bedroom and serve as an excellent home base for your vacation. We had some issues with the Villa not being ready on check-in and we had to wait for it to be cleaned after we were told it was ready. Multiple managers apologized for the issue which is nice to see they heard of the issue and called to say they were sorry. The villa itself was clean, comfortable beds and provides nearly all the comforts of home. The kitchen is stocked with dishes, utensils, blender etc but if going to cook you may want to bring a selection of things (sugar, salt, pepper, stuff that can be packed) from home rather than buy at the grocery store (remember this is an island and food prices are higher than at home). The in-unit washer and dryer although small is a great option to use if you want to pack extra light and don’t mind washing while on vacation.
The pool is nice but does get crowded at times and we prefer a beach. Last year the iguanas around the pool/beach were cool at first but more a nuisance not the animals but more the guests that ignore the do not feed them signs. This year its noticeable the property is doing something to keep the iguanas away from the pool/patio/restaurant area and it was kind of nice not having them all around. The Cove beach is ok if you want to stick close but be aware of following the easy path to water to avoid urchins and rocks. For a better beach take the free shuttle to the Morningstar beach next door at the Marriott hotel – it’s a very nice sandy beach and Cove guests can use beach, pools and chairs which give you a lot of options for activities.
We will surely be back next year and love going to the Cove. Staff is friendly and generally very attentive (much better than the Marriott next door). Our check-in issues and some difficulties getting ice resulting in our excellent review going down to a very good. We do love the property, villas and location and will be back next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Marriott and Venere so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands