“Fantastic dives and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating since 1985, Underwater Safaris is a PADI Gold Palm Instructor development Center Resort Facility with a record for safety unequaled by any other organization. The dive boats are U.S. Coast Guard inspected driven by a licensed captain, and all instructors are PADI-trained with years of experience leading both certified and non-certified divers.
Allen, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic dives and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went on three dives with this dive shop and all three were great. I got to see two separate wrecks and did an awesome night dive. The guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. The equipment was well-maintained and the shop was willing to do anything to keep everyone happy. I would highly recommend diving with this outfitter!

Visited November 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
“Very Pleasant dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We dove the Spratt Reef and the Navy Barges. This was our first trip to St. Thomas and we booked through the cruse line and were happy with Underwater Safaris. Jim (I think) was the DM and a very nice guy. The boat was not overly crowded and the dives were very good. We had no issue's with DM or equipment. If we every go back to St. Thomas I would not hesitate to dive again with Underwater Safaris.

FYI: any dive is excellent unless you have equipment issue's.

Visited May 2012
9 attraction reviews
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The crew on this trip were very nice, helpful, and willing to please and I could not say enough nice things about them. However, they took us on a boat with a discover scuba class and we had terrible dives on a shallow barren reef. The second dive was a wreck which would have been nice but they limited our dive to 30mins when he could have had a much longer bottom time at 40-50 feet. Knowing how beuatiful some of the dive sites are in St. Thomas, it was disheartening to spend so much money for two lame dives. Discover SCUBA divers should not be on the same boat as experienced divers.

Babylon, New York
11 attraction reviews
“I've found a new hobby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise where my St. Thomas excursion was an introductory dive with this outfit. My only prior experience with scuba diving was a pool class which peaked my interest a few months earlier. Designed for the novice, this dive led by Jim and our pilot Mark was an amazing adventure which was the highlight of my vacation. The tutorial was both professional and entertaining. I was completely comfortable with the guidance of my dive master and left St. Thomas in pursuit of a new venturesome hobby. Would definitely recommend for the first timer.

Tampa, Florida
“A Dive Shop with Personality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

September 2012. I found them online and called to get information before our trip. Chad was a big help and very friendly. I called once we were on the island and set up a dive. They even offered to pick us up at the hotel (no cruise ships in).

Great crew, entertaining and fun. Jim (Divemaster) knew his stuff and knew the dive sites well. Had tons of fun and lots of laughter. Came back and did another two dives with them two days later. Good prices and great people!!