“A St Thomas dining experience not to be missed!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kokopelli Cafe

Kokopelli Cafe
4406 Weymouth Rhymer Hwy. | By Movie Theater, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas (Formerly Kokopellis)
+1 340-715-5280
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Mediterranean, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted Best Pizza in the Virgin Islands 2013 AND 2014!!!At Kokopelli Cafe, we are dedicated to providing you with the best service on the island. Our food is made to order with fresh ingredients and this takes a little extra time. We look forward to continuing this tradition and providing a fun, comfortable atmosphere for the whole family. Whether on your way to the movies, the grocery store or just stopping by for takeout, we look forward to seeing you and hope you have a wonderful experience. Thank you for stopping by and spending time with us!
Durham, North Carolina
“A St Thomas dining experience not to be missed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I recently spent two glorious weeks of vacation with my family on St Thomas and after a week of eating at many of the high-end and mostly over-rated 'tourist' restaurants we came upon Kokopelli when we decided to take in a movie.

We found this quaint local restaurant/cafe to be one of the island's gems and perhaps one of it's best kept secrets. The food was delicious-our kids raved it was the best pizza they had ever eaten and my husband said it was the first time his burger had actually been cooked the way he had requested. I also thoroughly enjoyed my caesar salad with grilled shrimp and seafood bisque. The prices were the most reasonable we had encountered for really great food and the service was attentive and friendly-even the manager came over to make certain everything was ok and asked if we needed anything-which pleasantly surprised us.

If you are looking for a unique dining experience with a local flair I highly recommend you visit Kokopelli..Although located off the 'beaten path' -it's definitely worth looking for because I guarantee.... you won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
pwitcher2, Owner at Kokopelli Cafe, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to give us your feedback! We have tried extremely hard to keep the prices affordable and the food consistent! We are also extremely fortunate to have such a great team of employees! Getting feedback such as yours makes all the hard work worthwhile. Please come back and see us on your next trip to the islands. Have a Happy, Healthy New Year.

St. John
“Horrible, dirty and full of flies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you want to get totally grossed out and have the owner tell you that she, too, is freaked out by all the flies then by all means go check this horrible "restaurant" out. My husband's burger was raw, the place was filthy, and did I mention the 1000's of flies? This is an INDOOR place but you feel like you're eating in a horse stable. Horrible! So horrible I am considering calling the health department. And I'm a local who is used to less than great service and food but this was beyond bad. I have never been compelled to write a bad review but I hope I can save someone else getting totally grossed out then it's all worth it. Did I mention the flies? All over the place?

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
pwitcher2, Owner at Kokopelli Cafe, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
My wife and I have owned Kokopelli for four years now and we take any and all constructive criticism very seriously and work hard to make the necessary changes to improve our customers dining experience. Obviously you had a bad experience on your visit to Kokopelli and for that, I am truly sorry! After reading your review, I immediately followed up with my manager on the fly issue. We did have some flies that day due to some doors being left open and the rain. Once discovered, the issue was immediately corrected and did not have any other issues or complaints from other customers.

I do however take exception to your obvious exaggeration and comparison to a stable! We have worked extremely hard to provide a very clean and safe environment for our customers and having people like you post outrageous and exaggerated reviews is ridiculous. We are willing to entertain any and all legitimate and constructive reviews but truly yours didn't merit the time that I gave to respond. And as for "the owner" telling you she was freaked out--- My wife (the owner) and I have been in Ohio since Thanksgiving, so if you feel the need to make up conversations with my wife, please make sure we are actually on island !!
Austin, Texas
“Our Favorite Restauant on St. Thomas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

While we ate some really good food on St. John, we just kept being disappointed on St. Thomas...until our last night. We drove to Kokopelli Café and declared the pizza and Stromboli excellent. I just wish we had discovered it sooner. There were many other things to try. The place was crowed with locals, which is always a good sign. Our server was a sweetheart, which must made it that much better. Being from Texas, we're used to people being friendly, but weren't finding it much on St. Thomas. Kokopelli is next to a movie theater and grocery store, up the hill from town. Go there if you're looking for great food and reasonable prices!

• Visited November 2013
pwitcher2, Owner at Kokopelli Cafe, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We feel very fortunate to havesuch a great staff! They truly make Kokopelli what it is. We are also very happy to hear you enjoyed the pizza and strombolli! Please come see us again on your next visit. Thanks Pat &Jen
St. Thomas
“Great food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We go to KOKOPELLI at least once a week for a meal. We have never been disappointed. They have a great wine selection, the coldest beer on the island and the servers and bartenders are also so friendly. Barb, Jen & Pat thank you for keeping up 5 star restaurant service for your island locals and guests!

pwitcher2, Owner at Kokopelli Cafe, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We feel extremely fortunate to have loyal customers like you. Barb, Jen and I also know how lucky we are to have such a great staff! ! They make us look good on daily basis..
Ellisville, Missouri
“Catered my daughter's Wedding on the beach in St. Thomas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had no idea what we were in for when we arranged to have Kokopelli's cater my daughter's wedding on the beach at Sapphire Beach Resort. We took the whole wedding party on a catamaran ride to St. John and when we pulled back into the resort it had just gotten dark. The site on the beach was amazing. Beautiful table cloth covered tables and covered chairs with twinkling candles and beachy decorations on each table. The bar was set up and the food hot and ready for us. The sight of this all on the beach was amazing, but not near as amazing as the food and the service. There was beef and fresh-caught mahi mahi, corn on the cob, broccoli, mashed potatoes, an "amazing" rice as our friend described it. The beef was tender and awesome flavored. The mahi mahi was also amazing (wasn't sure because this landlocked Midwesterner doesn't get fresh seafood--so I wasn't sure until we consulted everybody else that it was as good as we thought it was).

The servers were totally attentive and so friendly. And the person who headed up the whole setup and operation of our dinner, Barb, was a complete delight. She was like your old best friend who took care of everything and made sure everyone had what they needed. If all that wasn't enough, Jen, the owner was also there making sure all went well and giving out local travel tips for "off the beaten path" to all the wedding party that was headed to St. John the next day.

We didn't go to the restaurant because we had to leave the next day, but if the food we had is any indication of what they sever at the restaurant (and I'm sure it is), this is not a place to miss while you are in St. Thomas.

• Visited November 2013
pwitcher2, Owner at Kokopelli Cafe, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! First off, all of us at Kokopelli Cafe would like to say Congrats on your daughters big day !! Thank you also for having faith in Kokopelli Cafe to provide dinner for you and your guests on such a special and important day.. It was truly an honor.

Jen and I are also very proud of Barb, Struggle, Levar, Alisha and all of the rest who made this day special for you. . We are extremely fortunate to have an incredible family at Kokopelli! !

Thanks again and best wishes
Pat & Jen.