“Adorable and excellent food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Greengo's Caribbean Cantina serves Authentic Sonoran Style Mexican Cuisine featuring Beef, Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Fish in Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Cantina Bowls and Salads, or over Nachos. In the bar is our Famous Tequila Wall and Rum Wall, as well as our Oak Barrel aged House Blend of each. Our Full bar also serves up all of your frozen favorites. Open 7 days.
St. Thomas
“Adorable and excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The atmosphere feels like you are sitting in a cantina in Mexico. The decor is absolutely charming. The spicy margaritas are amazing, chips and salsa fresh. I had the veggie burrito, it was amazing. Who would have thought tofu and Mexican...but let me tell you it was delicious!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“We will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love Mexican food so we thought we would check out Greengo's. everything was really good !! The menu is very basic but the food was good. The only thing I think they can work on is their salsa. I would enjoy a more pico de gallo style. We will go back again it's the best Mexican on st Thomas. Noelle was a great server.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chantilly, Virginia
“Go for Tequilla - Not for Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The theme of our entire trip this year should be "nice try - bad service". Went to Greengos and my wife said "my fish tacos are huge portions but taste too fishy". I thought this bar was reasonably priced but I think it is more bar than restaurant. We had an average bar experience. I drink tequilla. Service seems to be an afterthought on this trip from hotel to restaurants.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“BEST TACO JOINT IN ST. THOMAS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Smack dab in the heart of downtown Charlotte Amalie, this new restaurant delivers great Mexican food at great prices. The Beef tacos are the best I've had in well over a decade on the island.

The staff was very responsive and courteous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“maybe an off day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were stoked for some mexican food and tried this place. Our server was obviously having a bad day as we didn't get so much as a smile. From the very beginning it seemed as if she had something else on her mind.
The fish tacos were very fishy. I know that sounds funny, but they were overly fishy. The portion size was great, and so was the price, but that didn't cominsate for the service or taste.

• Visited November 2012