“Chill Place” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located waterfront at Yacht Haven Grande on St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, you’ll find, Fat Turtle, a Rockin’ Caribbean Roadhouse, featuring creative-fun seafood, great salads, gourmet pizzas and exotic frozen drinks. The St. Thomas bar and restaurant is a popular favorite among travelers, yacht crews and owners, charter guests, fishing enthusiasts, and locals alike. Open every day of the week, Fat Turtle serves food from noon to 10 pm with an inviting, island-style bar open at least until midnight.At Fat Turtle St. Thomas, you’ll savor food with flare, where the highest quality ingredients and inspired recipes fuse to delight the palate. From succulent, fresh lobster and spicy beer-steeped shrimp to mango and ginger “wings in paradise” and our signature Fat Turtle burgers or brick oven pizzas, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Situated in the midst of the sprawling Yacht Haven Grande Esplanade, yacht crews rave about our festive atmosphere, charter guests and owners revel in our relaxed vacation ambiance, and visitors of all ages take-in our family-friendly, laid back setting. When the sun goes down, Fat Turtle comes alive! Our open-air bar offers a tropical, beachy backdrop to party the evening through or venture over for our famous Friday nights where renowned DJ Peter C will keep you dancing from dusk to 2 am every week (Ages 18+).
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Chill Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I enjoy visiting Fat Turtle when I'm on St. Thomas. The first time I visited I enjoyed dinner and drinks. However, I've also visited just for the scenic view, drinks, and appetizers. The last time I visited, my sister and I ordered cocktails and an appetizer. However, the waitress forgot to put in order for the apps. She offered to put in the order (but we no longer wanted the appetizer) and also cover our entire bill. We were able to enjoy some rounds of drinks and a great view/atmosphere (music, chill crowd, great view of the harbor) so the comped bill made up for the appetizers. We left her a tip anyway.

Despite that experience, I will visit again. The food is good as well as the drinks...

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, PA
“Fat Turtle Left A Bad Taste in My Mouth”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

After seeing the tv advertisement over and over (the one on channel 5 for the island tour), we decided to head over yacht haven to check out this restaurant. First, the seating chairs and tables (metal ones) were not user friendly. I should have brought my own seat cushion. Our waiter was "okay" but only came to check on us once...when we asked for the check. I ordered the smothered chicken at $18. What I got was a petrified chicken breast that was "smothered" in some sort of cheese...greasy and inedible. I needed up removing the cheese and onion/pepper slop on top and just eating the less than 3oz. chicken breast. Definitely not worth the money!! Was sooo disappointed. I ordered two sides as well. The salad was okay and the baked potato was probably what they spent time making sure was decent. As for the chicken, the main dish, it was horrible and literally left a bad taste in my mouth. Better off getting a whole chicken from a street vendor.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Fat Turtle is a restaurant the specializes in burgers, pizza, and sandwiches. It's located on Yacht Haven, a place where yachts and other boats come to dock. Also, there are name-brand stores surrounding the restaurant such as Luis Vuitton, Coach, and Gucci (to name a few). My burger was great, and I found few things wrong with the service and the amount of time it took to get our
food.The only thing I
disliked was the seating.We were seated at an area where bugs and creepy-crawlers were plentiful. But that's what you get in a tropical environment such as St. Thomas. Overall, I liked the Fat Turtle and want to come again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Thomas
“Hard to beat the view when all the yachts are in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice laid back place to get a bite or drinks when St. Thomas. The views of a marina full of multi-million dollar yachts is amazing while having some good food with friends. Easy location to get to from any resort or cruise ship.

Visited June 2014
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
“Ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is an open air restaurant on the Yacht Haven waterfront. Nothing fancy, standard island fare. Since its open, its better for dinner when its cooler outside. Staff is friendly.

Visited July 2014