“Service was great” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located waterfront at Yacht Haven Grande on St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, you’ll find, Fat Turtle, a Rockin’ Caribbean Roadhouse, featuring creative-fun seafood, great salads, gourmet pizzas and exotic frozen drinks. The St. Thomas bar and restaurant is a popular favorite among travelers, yacht crews and owners, charter guests, fishing enthusiasts, and locals alike. Open every day of the week, Fat Turtle serves food from noon to 10 pm with an inviting, island-style bar open at least until midnight.At Fat Turtle St. Thomas, you’ll savor food with flare, where the highest quality ingredients and inspired recipes fuse to delight the palate. From succulent, fresh lobster and spicy beer-steeped shrimp to mango and ginger “wings in paradise” and our signature Fat Turtle burgers or brick oven pizzas, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Situated in the midst of the sprawling Yacht Haven Grande Esplanade, yacht crews rave about our festive atmosphere, charter guests and owners revel in our relaxed vacation ambiance, and visitors of all ages take-in our family-friendly, laid back setting. When the sun goes down, Fat Turtle comes alive! Our open-air bar offers a tropical, beachy backdrop to party the evening through or venture over for our famous Friday nights where renowned DJ Peter C will keep you dancing from dusk to 2 am every week (Ages 18+).
LaSalle, ON, CA
“Service was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The service was great and the surroundings of the huge yachts and high end shops was amazing. The food was average bar food.

Visited March 2014

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“I wish we had eaten here way before now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I have lived in St Thomas for almost 3 months and ate at Fat Turtle for the first time today. It is actually the best restaurant we have been to on the Island.The food was great. A little pricey for me but everything here is pricey compared to the states.We had an appetizer,fish and chips and a philly cheesesteak-2 soft drinks-cost was $60 with gratuity.IT was a lot of food and the food was very good. Service was courteous, speedy and very attentive. My favorite part is looking over from our table and watching the fish in the harbor below. This is an outdoor restaurant but the weather was perfect for that. Kids stand up on chairs and throw french fries to the huge fish below. I will definitely come back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Thomas
“Nice assortment of "island drinks"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Located in Yacht Haven next to the water and docks where huge yachts are tied up from all over the place. There is outdoor seating and a large bar inside with a few tvs for sporting events. Bar tender's made good drinks quickly. On the menu are quite a few different specialty drinks that they offer which is nice for those who want to try different types of island drinks. Shared the mozzarella sticks with my brother but we were there mostly for drinks. Menu looked good though.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Not bad but very expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

While visiting St. Thomas on a cruise we had an opportunity to eat at the Fat Turtle restaurant in Charlotte Amalie. It was recommended by our snorkel guide. They have regular American food. Burgers and sandwiches and some meals but the prices are VERY HIGH! I know that they have a captive audience at the cruise peer as a lot of people do not like to venture off of the cruise peer but wow. It's pretty expensive. We were 2 adults and 1 child. We had a burger, fish and chips and a kids burger. I had a painkiller which was tasty but very small and the bill came to $55! In my opinion that is high. The burger wasn't cooked the way I wanted it but I didn't bother to exchange it as we had to get back on the ship. If you have no other options then I say eat here but check around to see what else is out there and what the prices are.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
White Plains, New York
“Lovely restaurant on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice restaurant with outdoors seating overlooking the water. next to the harbor and private charter boats/yachts. There are many colorful fish and one HUGE barracuda swimming around waiting for you to throw bread, french fries and other morsels for them to snatch from the surface. The food was reasonably priced, I had a pretty good chicken sandwich and my lady friend had the jerk mahi mahi which was absolutely moist and delicious.

Visited March 2014