“Great excursion, you won't be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: SWIM WITH THE TURTLES SNORKEL SAIL! The #1 excursion in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas just got a whole lot better! Join the US Coast Guard certified professional crew of the newly refit, impeccably maintained, sailing yacht Fury on a 1/2 day excursion to Swim with the Giant Green Sea Turtles at the National Wildlife Marine Sanctuary at Buck Island. Here you will encounter a variety of sea life, including stingrays, conch, starfish, tropical fish and up to 20 endangered green sea turtles feeding "naturally" along our beautiful, calm, protected coral reef. Fury is not one of those large, overcrowded cattlemarans, Fury is a classic 46' Morgan Ketch with a maximum capacity of 25 passengers, providing a superior experience and unparalleled service for our guests. Plenty of shade for the fair-skinned under the custom bimini. We will even pick you up at the Havensite Cruiseship Dock with our boat. NO CAB RIDES! NO HASSLES! Don't miss this unique and popular wildlife experience! FURY IS A NON-SMOKING VESSEL.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Great excursion, you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I went on this excursion on March 5th. From the moment of meeting Captain Mike, I knew I picked the right snorkeling excursion. This was my mom's first time snorkeling, and she wasn't even sure if she'd be able to get in the water. Fortunately, she was made so comfortable by Mike and Nikki, she jumped right in and started to snorkel away! On the way back it started to pour rain, but no worries! The rum punch was flowing, island music was playing, and it just became a party!

Great experience and memories, so go right ahead and book this excursion!

Hollywood, Florida, United States
“The Biggest Highlight of Our Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our trip to snorkel with the turtles on Fury was absolutely amazing. We had to meet the boat early in the morning as soon as our cruise docked (they were conveniently just at the end of the cruise pier). On the ride out to Buck Island, the crew served ice water and beverages (In Real Cups!). They were both very funny and friendly.

Most snorkeling boats just give you a 30-second safety speech but on Fury the first mate Nikki dives in and gives a guided tour/introduction to the local wildlife before we went off on our own to explore the reef and the turtles.

On the ride back the crew provided some simple snacks and great rum punch the whole way. My glass was magically refilled before it every reached the bottom - Wish I had that kind of service in most restaurants.

Overall this was a really incredible experience - the crew, the ship, the scenery, and the wildlife all made it quite special.

Brandon, Florida
“FANTASTIC!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Captain Mike and Nikki were absolutely AMAZING! My friends and I weren't even sure that we were going to make this excursion, since our ship got into St. Thomas over an hour and a half late (and ended up docking at the other port). Captain Mike went above and beyond by trying to find us to make sure we could still enjoy this fabulous excursion! Even though we got a late start, Captain Mike and Nikki made this one of the best experiences for me and my friends, as well as everyone else on board the Fury.

If you ever find yourself in St. Thomas, you certainly need to book with Captain Mike!

Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are a family of 5 and this day my in laws were with us as well. My children are 16 11 and 5 they all had a fantastic time. Even my mother in law could do this excursion. We saw sunken ships fish and turtles. We were on a cruise they met us right by our ship. Made sure we were back on time. Great experience highly recommend this if you are in St. Thomas. Captn Mike was great and made sure my 5 year old was well taken care of.

New York
“Everything Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went out on the Fury on a February morning from an NCL cruise. Everything went exactly as Capt. Mike described it would be. He and his mate Nikki were excellent. The sea turtles at buck island were active. We got to see them surface often.

There's perhaps one minor item where there's room for improvement. After swimming with the turtles, we all got called back to the boat and then we all sat there for a half hour while Capt. Mike collected the fares from everyone individually. My kids complained that could have been an extra half hour where they could have still swam with the turtles. I'm not exactly sure how Mike could improve the operation as I know he cannot collect fares while he's sailing with the wind blowing. Maybe everyone fully pre-pays? Maybe do it in shifts, some as people enter the water and some when people return? Maybe do at at the dock as people are gathering (you always spend 10 minutes waiting for the last family anyway). It's not a criticism as everything else was really great! It's just a suggestion for improvement!

Visited February 2013