“Great Charter” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: SWIM WITH THE TURTLES SNORKEL SAIL! The #1 excursion in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas just got a whole lot better! Join the US Coast Guard certified professional crew of the newly refit, impeccably maintained, sailing yacht Fury on a 1/2 day excursion to Swim with the Giant Green Sea Turtles at the National Wildlife Marine Sanctuary at Buck Island. Here you will encounter a variety of sea life, including stingrays, conch, starfish, tropical fish and up to 20 endangered green sea turtles feeding "naturally" along our beautiful, calm, protected coral reef. Fury is not one of those large, overcrowded cattlemarans, Fury is a classic 46' Morgan Ketch with a maximum capacity of 25 passengers, providing a superior experience and unparalleled service for our guests. Plenty of shade for the fair-skinned under the custom bimini. We will even pick you up at the Havensite Cruiseship Dock with our boat. NO CAB RIDES! NO HASSLES! Don't miss this unique and popular wildlife experience! FURY IS A NON-SMOKING VESSEL.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Great Charter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Im a little bit late in writing this review Our party of 10 were on a cruise making a port of call in St Thomas in early Nov 2012. When im there i usually charter with a smaller boat that hold 4-6 people since we had a group of ten I went looking for a sail boat to accommodate our group for a private charter. We didnt want to do any of the "cattle Call" ship excursions and wanted the boat to ourselves. Capt Mike and the Fury where recommended to us. It turned out to be an excellent choice. Capt Mike & Nikki made sure our group had a great time. Reservations where made easily via email. Pick up at the dock (2 min walk from ship) was timely . Had a great time. Snorkeling was great and informative. PS Rum Punch was fantastic.. but they sneak up on you.. I highly recommend the Fury and Crew!!

Visited November 2012

5 attraction reviews
“Best excursion ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations for this excursion (while on a Disney cruise) due to the high ratings of others and I want to thank those reviews because this was by far the highlight of our trip. Initially, I was worried because I had never booked an excursion outside of the ones the cruise line offered. I AM SO GLAD I DID. Captain Mike and Nikki were awesome! By the time the afternoon was over we all had the time of our lives and felt that we had made fast new friends. They were great with both the kids and the adults!!! This day was worth every penny and then some! Make reservations.... You won't regret it!

Ashland, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
“Sail boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went with Chase and Captain Mike on this amazing sail boat to Buck Island. We even tried to go a second time we loved it so much, but he was full. Both these guys made our afternoon one of the best. They were great and we did see many turtles. We will be back.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Wasn't wowed by the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I took this charter looking for a smaller venue for snorkeling and seeing the turtles. Our boat had 24 people, which was a smaller group than the other boats heading to Buck Island. While the group was smaller- some of the other tours had what looked like well over 50 people - we all went to the same small snorkeling site, which was quite crowded. So the boat is smaller and has fewer people, but all boats snorkel in the same area.

Our boat did seem a bit slower than other boats, which passed us en route to Buck Island. Also, other boats were catamarans and seemed to provide more seating and what looked like a smoother ride to the snorkeling area. I felt like we lurched and slithered to and from the Island while other boats confidently sped by. If you are vulnerable to motion sickness, you may want to consider taking a catamaran. You will feel the ocean on this boat.

On our tour, the boat left the dock by the Fat Turtle restaurant and then picked up one family at the Marriott Hotel. I was surprised by this stop; it looked like Captain Mike made a special stop to pick up "a good customer". This was a bit of a hassle, as the full boat sat sloshing in the sea as a the ship's little power raft picked up these special guests. On the return, other guests who boarded at the Fat Turtle also wanted to get off at the Marriott, which I also found a real drag. We were in the sun on a rocky boat for three and a half hours and had to sit twiddling our thumbs as the power raft dropped off "special guests" and now other Marriott guest in a series of two trips. This seemingly special stop led us to arrive back at the Fat Turtle about 20 minutes late.

Don't get me wrong, this is an OK snorkel charter. Nikki is a great first mate, very helpful and Captain Mike is OK - but with so many outstanding reviews my expectations were a bit higher. I took a catamaran tour last year to Christmas Island. While it was fun to see the turtles (which we did not see on Christmas Island), my family all concluded that the catamaran tour was more fun and certainly much more comfortable (at the same cost).

Virginia
“Swim with the turtles from The Fury Sailboat in St Thomas USVI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family just retrurned from a vacation on St. Thomas, USVI. The BEST thing we did the whole trip was to go out on the FURY Sailboat to swim with the turtles. My children 10 & 7 said it was their favorite thing of the whole trip. Swimming with the turtles is a once in a lifetime experience and we saw 22 that day!! The crew is awesome and Captain Mike is an accomplished sailor. The best value for the money!! We can't wait to go back next year!

Visited January 2013