“Great place! Just ask the locals!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island View Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Island View Guesthouse
You added Island View Guesthouse to your Saves list
11-1C Contant, Charlotte Amalie 00803-1903, St. Thomas   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Shelton, Connecticut
“Great place! Just ask the locals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just returned from a week at IVGH. We picked it based on friends input and location to west end diving. The other posters give a great review so just let me say that everywhere we went on island, when asked where we were staying we said IVGH. EVERYONE said it was the best place! Not only that but they all said it was the best best to get a great steak! We had them and they were just like you might BBQ at home. Properly cooked and wonderfully juicy. They only cook dinner Thursday,Friday and Saturday so make a reservation even if you are staying there as it is that popular. What else can I say about a wonderful stay. The honor bar, the view, the room, everything could not have been better. We will definitely stay here on any future trip to the island.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Growing up in the military/Air Force and serving in army aviation myself, honor was and still is a big deal to me. Much more so than most people I come across in my travels. So when I do meet honorable people I bask in that light, if you will of a dying time and people. It is truly an honor to patron this place on this serpentine 2 lane. and finding it makes the success all the more worth the journey. I am not ashamed to admit, it took several stays on the island before it was revealed to me and two trips up that road before I can claim success, but once again success is not a measure of completed tasks but how well your integrity survived the journey. They are quit simply worth the time, energy and patience it took me to finally enjoy their interpretation of an American classic, The Ribeye steak! this gastronomical journey is worth any difficulty before you finally sit down to enjoy what I consider to be, "a must" on any self respecting carnivores' visiting calendar. I can say without reservation , this was a most memorable evening. Thank you and I hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: make reservations
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place and the couple who run it - could not have been nicer! Breakfast on the terrace with a view of the beautiful bay, hummingbirds, bananas straight from the tree, lovely friendly dog Rita Marley :) , clean and comfortable room, swimming pool if you feel like having a swim - absolutely loved our time here, only wish we had longer to stay:)
Absolutely delightful!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Berea, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family and I just returned from a stay at the Island View Guesthouse last week. This is the fourth time we've stayed there and we plan to make reservations for next year, too. Every visit has proved to be a relaxing and wonderful experience.

At the Island View Guesthouse, the people are warm, helpful and welcoming--the handcrafted dinners are made to order, delicious and reasonably priced plus, the dining atmosphere, a veranda overlooking Crown Bay, is exceptional. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the views from the guesthouse and on the property are beautiful.

It's more than a room, we enjoy time at the pool near the banana trees while relaxing and looking out over the beauty of Elephant Bay, a walk or rest in the garden to watch native birds feed, and we enjoy getting together for dinner and cocktails on the veranda. It's truly a St. Thomas island experience (not the grandiose cookie-cutter style of all-inclusive resorts). It feels like home away from home.

It's a good choice for people of all ages, and for those with children.

Best wishes!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

A wonderful place to stay !!! The hospitality shown was absolutely marvelous. We arrived here on January 29 , 2014 away from the polar vortex of Chicago. We felt like we're home except warmer....much warmer !!! We stayed 2 nights in the pool side room which was very cozy. After a long day, we go out to the terrace outside our room to a serene area overlooking the water harbor drinking our cold Corona. Our 2 last nights were in the balcony room where elegance was appreciated. My advice is do not hesitate to ask for anything you need during your stay. You will be accommodated somehow. We find this guesthouse superb . I complement Beth and Ron for job well done.I thank them for their Midwest warmth. I need to thank Clarissa for her charming personality and "Marley", the coconut retriever for her friendliness. We will surely stay with Beth and Ron again when we return to the USVI.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here February 14 - 17 2014. Had a wonderful time. The room was clean and had a great view of the city and bay below. The dinner served and cooked by the owners Ron and Beth was fantastic. "Worth the wait LOL" You should call for a reservation for the restaurant, as they seem to fill up fast and the food is probably the best on the island for the price and quality. The honor bar is fantastic too. A continental breakfast is included with your stay. Just enough to send you on your day. They supply beach chairs and coolers for your beach day and are very help full in directing you where to go and what to do. The general feel of the place is very welcoming and laid back. I can't wait to come back to this slice of paradise. Thank you Ron and Beth for a great vacation and Valentines Day.

Room Tip: We stayed in room with a balcony very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was a stop over, then onto Jost the next day. This was such an excellent place. The people were all super cool. Relax is the key- they are good at it. Be sure to have the steaks! We will return!!

Room Tip: If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Island View Guesthouse? Share your experiences!