“outstanding !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mafolie Hotel

You added Mafolie Hotel to your Saves list
Mafolie Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7091 Estate Mafolie | Mafolie Hill, Charlotte Amalie 00802, St. Thomas   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
upstate new york
“outstanding !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is our 4th time staying at this resort and it gets better everytime. The pristine mountain top view combined with a hometown carribean room decor makes you feel like you are living a native USVI life.
Combine this experience with an excellent staff, professional, helpfull, & friendly innkeepers and it all makes for a vacation we will look forward to going on annually. (We already booked next year.) In addition this resort features one of, if not the finest resturant on the entire island of St Thomas. The daily fresh catch is a must !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I don't have enough words to say how wonderful my stay was at Mafolie hotel! What makes it truly special is the outstanding staff. From the first contact, Julie at the front desk was so helpful, I needed a hotel room at the last moment and she made it happen! I was traveling with my 11 month old baby and she brought a crib and a smile with it. Kashia my angel, she brought a baby blanket and when I needed diapers she brought them for me.... I have no words to tell you guys how grateful I am. The food and the view! Wow... amazing! Thank you Paul for the great drinks and thank you Duncan for the good service! Thank you to the lady who made sure our breakfast was served and the smoothies were on our table, and even thank you for the lovely ladies who take care of keeping the rooms beautifully clean! I have travelled around the world and this is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in ! Thank you guys!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
MafolieManagement, Front Desk Agent at Mafolie Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
GREETINGS from St. Thomas:

This is Lisa (Julie) LOL, at the front desk at The Mafolie Hotel. Thank you so much for the awesome review. We greatly appreciate it. Being a mother is a special job and I wanted you to feel right at home. Hope to see you in the future. Take care, Lisa
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a local here on St Thomas. Right before Christmas time, I had four people come down here and I chose to put them up at the Mafolie Hotel. The staff was extremely helpful with my changing plans in how many guests I had coming in to STT!!! They were able to accommodate the second two people at the last minute which was awesome!!!
The view is breathtaking there! They have a nice pool, & deck/patio/lounging area. I know breakfast is offered in the mornings although I did not join them for my guests. Dinner, however, I can vouch for. They have GREAT steaks! My husband and I dine in at their restaurant even when we do not have company in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Fantastic hotel with great owners who strive to provide the best experience as possible.
- View is second to none
- Restaurant is tasty and has a compact but nice wine list
- rooms are comfortable and decorated in Island Style
- Pool area was comfortable
- Extremely helpful staff

In short, we loved our stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

No photograph can do the view justice which is simply spectacular. We stayed in room 113 which had a great side deck with shade in the afternoon. There was a glass top table and four chairs. We overlooked the pool and cruise ship port. We could get a nice breeze from simply opening the window in the room. It can get rather expensive taking cabs to/from town. Fortunately everything you need is onsite. Start your day with a continental breakfast and a fruit smoothie. Ella makes the best since she tosses in a bit of luv. Her fruit smoothies were the best during our five week travels through the US and British Virgin Islands. We enjoyed dinner at the restaurant. The young couple Adam and Kasia who run the Mafolie Hotel are hard working and take a lot of pride in their work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private deck.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ullock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at the Mafolie following a week of self-catered sailing from Road Town, Tortola. The restaurant served a diverse menu of high quality seafood, island fare as well as the more traditional steaks and so on. The food preparation was excellent, especially a dish of jerk spiced grilled jumbo shrimp.... really great! The staff in the restaurant were highly professional, responsive and friendly which was especially welcome after a week of cooking, serving and cleaning up after ourselves on the water.

The rooms were well equipped with a small fridge and good sized bed/bath, A/C, sofa, etc. a PC and printer were available for those of us who left all that behind for the trip to the islands. As the sign says, its a world famous view as well from the bar/dining area and pool, not to be missed. The room rates were very competitive and a good deal better than the major hotel chain choices nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We'd just finished a 6 day sailing trip and stayed at the Mafolie before flying out of St Thomas. This was a great spot for us. The staff was awesome and incredibly accommodating -- they helped with dinner reservations and calling cabs and served our very hungry crew us lots of bread (!) as we waited out a big rainstorm before dinner. It was a really nice place to spend our transition night before heading back home and out of vacation mode. Thank you!

Room Tip: we had a room with a futon which worked out well for the extra person (me!)
Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mafolie Hotel? Share your experiences!