“Who are you?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8070 Lindbergh Bay | West, Charlotte Amalie 00802, St. Thomas   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
“Who are you?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Didn't have our prepaid reservation in their system. Full beds instead of a King and roll out and would not change our room. Bar and pool was just under our room......NOISY NOISY. NOISY. Constantly killing mosquitos in our room which were probably coming thru the gap at the top of our door. Had to call hotel lobby 2 consecutive days to get towels as ours were not replaced. The best part about this place is the resident kitty they have. Concierge and staff seem overwhelmed with work.

• Stayed June 2013
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
My name is Linda Mason and I am a Sales Manager at Emerald Beach Resort. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Emerald Beach. We do take our reviews very seriously and are always looking to improve our guests’ experiences and our Customer Service.

We also try our best to accommodate our guest’s room choices if at all possible. We do have a hard working staff and our front desk agents are always willing to assist you with any problems that you may be having. I am also available to discuss your recent visit if you would like.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wow, where to begin!!!! It was all around a great 8 day stay at this Best Western property! From check-in to check-out, the service was great. We booked this property 10 months ago for our destination wedding which took place at the end of June 2013. Linda Mason, wedding planner, and her staff were phenomenal! They were attentive to our needs the whole 10 months of planning and the whole time we were at the Resort! Our day could not have been more perfect....the setting, the food, the cake, the flowers, the photographer Mick Kollins, the bartenders, etc.! We had 44 guests and everyone had a great time at the wedding and at the Resort itself. No one in our whole party had any complaints about anyone or anything associated with the Resort. The pictures provided by the Resort are accurate. It is a hidden gem definitely worth staying at. We had read comments about the airplanes, but they are barely noticeable. There are only a handful of big jets taking off/landing each day, and we were not bothered by it at all. It was fun watching the planes take off/land. The rooms are quite spacious and very quiet...we heard nothing at all in the evenings. The A/C works wonderful as well! The balconies opening up to the water/beach are absolutely breathtaking. The Bay that the Resort sits in is a beautiful, secluded, and soft sanded beach. Linda, Jewel (at the front desk), and everyone provided a welcoming place for our friends and family. We will definitely stay at this Resort when we return to St. Thomas! Thank you Emerald Beach for making our wedding and vacation a very beautiful and memorable event!!!

Room Tip: Building 3 and 4, 2nd and 3rd floors are the best!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
It was definitely our pleasure to assist you and your guests for your Wedding Stay! Thank you for your wonderful review and we do appreciate the time you took to write it.

I am so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us at Emerald Beach Resort! Your Wedding was beautiful and I was thrilled to be a part of your Very Special Day!! You all hold a very special place in our Emerald Beach Hearts and we definitely look forward to your return visits!!!!

Wedding Coordinator
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked two nights at the hotel for my last days before flying home. I picked it simply because of the proximity to the airport. On arriving the beauty of the hotel location is shocking. (I was told the beach is one of the better on the islands). The hotel is a little way outside of downtown, but there are plenty of taxis waiting to take you anywhere. I was lucky enough to get a room on the water side of the hotel and I was just blown away by the view. Definitely try to get a water view. Best Western should use this hotel in all their ads just by the location alone. The rooms were clean and tropical. It was maybe even a step above the other Best Westerns I have visited. Right off the beach is a restaurant and beach bar. When we checked in we got a voucher for free drinks at the bar and used it promptly fro a rum punch (not my normal drink of choice, but hey it’s a vacation). The bar and restaurant food was average or a little above, but I was disappointed in the fact that the restaurant became Italian for dinner; if I’m in St. Thomas I don’t want Italian food. Then again it is so easy to get into town so you are not limited to eating at the hotel. Overall it was a great experience and better than some tropical resorts I have visited.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to Emerald Beach Resort! We do have a beautiful location on a spectacular beach! ALL OF THE ROOMS at Emerald Beach Resort are Beachfront rooms and offer the fabulous view of the Beach and the Caribbean Sea that you so enjoyed! The menu at Portobello’s does have an Italian Theme but offers a variety of menu choices! Our Beach Bar has a wonderful menu that is also always available for your convenience!

We thank you for taking the time to write your review and do look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to St. Thomas!

Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We only stayed at the Best Western Plus Emerald Beach for one night, but it was enough.

For the week prior, we were sailing with family in the British Virgin Islands, so we picked this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport, which we were flying out of the next day. For sure, this is a pro. Another plus is that the rooms were spacious and laid with tile to keep things clean and had a nice balcony.

However, the rest of the resort is quite odd. Our room was on the first floor but there was a walkway and some stairs to our room that we had to maneuver with our luggage was not enjoyable. There wasn't room service, so we checked out the restaurant/bar for lunch, dinner and breakfast the next morning. It wasn't that the food was bad, but the prices were obnoxiously overpriced and the ambiance was awkward. When you walk in you feel like it's the deserted restaurant from Jurassic Park.

The same day we checked in we got a chance to play in the ocean property they have, as well as check out the pool. While we enjoyed seeing planes fly out every 10 minutes or so, you can get the picture that this area isn't the quintessential image of a tropical vacation. Likewise, the pool was fairly small and was crowded on the Saturday we flew out.

Based on our experience, the resort wasn't accommodating, was understaffed and was overall an expensive place to stay just for getting to the airport quickly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We have many guests who choose us when traveling to neighboring islands because of our convenient location near the airport and the Downtown Ferry Terminal. We have a wonderful location and a beautiful beach with every room having a spectacular view!

We do not offer room service, but The Palms and our Beach Bar are open from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm for your convenience! We do offer a varied menu and our restaurant and bar are open air, overlooking the beach; just a few steps from the water’s edge. Our prices are some of the best on the Island and it is always our goal to offer our guests a Great Value for their money!

We have many guests that choose us for their tropical vacations and we also have our sister resort, Carib Beach Resort, that is next door offering an informal and more affordable option.

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wasn't expecting much when we booked a night at the Best Western Emerald Beach the day before we flew out of St. Thomas. The hotel was close to the airport so it made sense. But what a hidden gem! Right on a beautiful cove with white sand beach, nice pool and best of all - the killer beach bar. Jeb and Ryan, the two bartenders, were a blast to party with. We ended up stayin at the bar, eating, and enjoying the sunset for the rest of the night. Best spot to go for the price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort! We do have a wonderful staff both in the restaurant and throughout the Resort! Our location is spectacular and we do hear quite often that we are the “Hidden Gem” of St Thomas!

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Emerald Beach on your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everytime I go to St.Thomas this is were i stay. Every year gets better. This year was the third time on this hotel. The food is excelent and the beach is great. All the rooms has view to the beach. Great location and great price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your repeat business and for writing your recent review about your many visits to Emerald Beach Resort. We are thrilled that you have chosen to be a part of the Emerald Beach Family and look forward to your next visit!!

See you next time!

Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

One week following my return, I am certainly glad to be back home! The plus this hotel has going for it is just its location! It is close to the airport and is located on the beach.

I travelled with family. We had three rooms. The Internet service that is advertised as being free, only worked from the lobby. I made numerous calls to the front desk about the Internet not working. The excuses were varied. The classic was that this was the first time anyone ever complained about it! I knew differently as I had another family member who had voiced the same complaint before I had. I finally broke down and went to the lobby to get the items I needed to complete done.

The thing though that made me most upset, occurred one afternoon while my family and I were relaxing on the balcony. From that location, I had a good view of my niece and nephew who were in the water with their dad. It so happened that there was a wedding that afternoon. There came a point where my niece (a baby) who had been on the balcony started crying shortly after a wedding had started (We had been on the balcony before there was a wedding). Unknown to me at the time, before the wedding had started, the wedding planner had "flagged" my brother-in-law to have him and the kids move from the area they were at in the water. Likewise, she kept waving to us for us to move off of the balcony once the baby started crying. She did so in a very distasteful and unprofessional manner.

I reluctantly complied. However, once I got inside the room, I immediately called the front desk and asked to speak with the manager. I was told the manager was not available. The manager never called me back either. The individual who was working at the front desk had me explain what had happened. I explained. When I checked in, I was never told there were going to be any limitations with our use of the facility! (I had not made any attempts to walk in the area where the wedding was taking place). The problem I had was that we had paid for a room and all that came with the room. However, due to a wedding at the facility, our use of the facility (my balcony), was being limited. The manner in which this limitation was announced (beckoning and flagging for us to move to another location) was something I had never encountered before at a facility I had paid for it use. I was later called back by the front desk and told that the wedding planner would come to the room and apologize.

She did come to the room and apologized. I explained that for the first time I observed an obvious limitation to using the facility. She later told me, a paying guest of the facility, when we go to a wedding and a baby starts crying, it is the expectation for the person with the baby to get up and take the baby out. Ms. Wedding planner, ironically, the purpose of my visit was to attend a wedding. This wedding was held in a church-- a much more controlled environment. The guests who attended were invited. There were occasionally babies who cried and no one rudely stood by the parent and beckoned for them to leave. Your situation Ms. Wedding planner was that you likely made guarantees for a wedding in an open, common area that was used by paying guests of a hotel. There was at least one flight that passed during the ceremony. If there were 5 or 10, were you going to tell the airport to hold all flights until your ceremony was over? Just the day before, there was skiing taking place on the beach. Should that have started up that afternoon, were you going to flag them away too.

After her apology (which I did not get a sense that she was actually sincere) I warned her she would be able to read about how I felt about this situation on trip adviser. She quickly responded "...and I will respond".

Please note the $75 credited to my account following this incident will not lure me back! If you are in a service industry that depends on having guests choose your facility, your guests should not be ignored and treated as though you simply do not care!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
My name is Linda Mason and I work at Emerald Beach Resort in the Sales and Events department. As a Wedding Destination we do try to offer a wonderful space for any of our Bridal couples that have chosen to share this very special occasion with us!

Our Hotel Guests may be asked in a very polite and friendly manner to clear the space immediately around the Wedding arch and to refrain from swimming directly behind the Wedding Arch or walking closely by the Wedding during the Wedding Ceremony. Guests seem happy to comply and enjoy witnessing the weddings that we do have on the property.

We do try to accommodate our Wedding Groups without infringing on our other Guests Enjoyment of the Property. In this instance the Bride and Groom were having the entire Ceremony videotaped and the baby began crying directly as the Bride started her walk down the aisle. The moment the Wedding was over the Coordinator come to your room and sincerely apologized for asking you to leave your balcony!

It was never our intention to offend you in any way!

Sales and Events Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach? Share your experiences!