I booked a destination reception with this hotel. I was married on a cruise ship and then worked closely with this hotel for my reception. My wedding coordinator was not onsite but her assistant was. She worked very hard but did not have the experience, I feel was needed for a group of 35 people. I paid for an open bar where my guests were told a server would come to take orders/deliver drinks, my guests were not allowed at the bar and were given about 1 drink per person. I don't feel this is an "open bar." My cake was a total disaster. I paid extra money for the shells and appearance of my wedding cake and came to find it completely melted with shells sliding and falling off all over the base. When it came time to cut the cake, the inexperienced server, bare handedly took the top of the cake off to begin cutting it, where it then was fumbled with all over the table. The food was good but not replenished. All of my wonderful pictures of the cake cutting have the contractors that were taking measurements around my buffet, in the background.To top it off, they were fed plates of food from MY buffet. My maid of honor and best man gave speeches to the entire restaurant as the location was moved to the indoor (public restaurant). I arranged my transportation through the hotel, so there would be no wait time. There was not enough transportation for all my guests and we were left waiting for the bus open vehicles to loop around again. My guest was told by one of the servers that she could not store her beach bag at the table and that she should move it to a cab and leave.
During the reception we asked to speak with a manager who was unavailable/not there. I was confident that we would be able to resolve this matter but have not been able to sufficiently do so.
This resort although beautiful, I feel, caused a reception disaster
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Best Western Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands