I was stuck in St Thomas while waiting for a flight. The Best Western Carib Beach is a good value and is very close to the airport. I stayed 2 separate times. The first time, I had a smaller single bed room. It was a basic, small room. The shower was so small, there was no room to move around. Essentially I had to rotate in order to wash myself. Dont try to bend over to wash your feet or you'll bump your head on the wall. Almost as small as many European hotel bathrooms. But I was glad for the hotel and happy about the value. This place has some of the best wifi on the island! Which was very important since I had to get some work done.
After being bumped from a flight, I had to stay once more. I was glad to come back for the value. This time I got a King size room. much more spacious, but the bathroom was almost the same. One big annoyance is the shallow toilet! I dont know if it is just in this room but I cant stand those things! I dont know who invented them, but they must have never sat on one! I guess having poreclain surfaces or water roughly 2" from the top of the toilet saves water, but it severely annoys anyone trying to actually use the toilet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST WESTERN CARIB BEACH RESORT offers you the best value and the closest location to the airport in St. Thomas. Newly renovated, Carib Beach is just steps away from the airport,a few minutes walk to the breathtaking turquoise waters of Lindbergh Bay Beach and 2.5 miles from downtown and duty-free shopping. Known as one of St.Thomas's landmarks, Carib Beach offers you a variety of newly renovated non-smoking rooms to choose from all with private patios or balconies,flat screen T.V.'s,premium channels, coffeemaker,in room safes, iron and ironing boards, A/C and complimentary WIFI. Resort amenities include a freshwater pool overlooking the Caribbean, beach area,complimentary parking, game room, meeting facilities, tour desk, cyber corner in the lobby and a Monday Night Managers Cocktail Party. Our beach side restaurant and bar Fajita's offers you a panoramic view of Lindbergh Bay and serves up breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. Enjoy our scrumptious breakfast buffet or our made to order breakfast menu. Come sun setting with us and sip on the best Margarita's on the island as well as the best Mexican food rated by locals and visitors alike!Carib Beach; secluded, peaceful and overlooking the Caribbean Sea is your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Carib Beach Hotel St. Thomas
- St Thomas Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands